Thread: Sure glad this was not U.S.

Sure glad this was not U.S.

"PARIS - Somewhere in the world, there's a navy blue suitcase with a small pack of explosives tucked in its side pocket. Four days after police at Charles de Gaulle Airport slipped some plastic explosives into a random passenger's bag as part of an exercise for sniffer dogs, it is still missing _ and authorities are stumped and embarrassed."

A link to the "rest of the story" as my CPF Paul Harvey would say:
    http://www.comcast.net/News/INTERNAT...4e6474a56.html

Gosh, those French authorities have so much time on their hands to criticize what we do...maybe they ought to worry about their own problems, eh?
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

USERNAME
    you know, this explains how when i got back from my trip to france last year, there was a bale of maui wowee in my laptop case...

now why on earth wouldnt they have an agent carry it 'undercover' and test the system, instead of putting it on a stranger like that? that's just goofy.

Quote Originally Posted by Cliffy777
    Gosh, those French authorities have so much time on their hands to criticize what we do...maybe they ought to worry about their own problems, eh?
    You said it!

I guess the bottom line is that the French authorities have just demonstrated to terrorists how to smuggle explosives onto an airplane. Just put it in your suitcase. Who would have thought of that?

Quote Originally Posted by username
    you know, this explains how when i got back from my trip to france last year, there was a bale of maui wowee in my laptop case...
    Dang, you lucky dawg. That happened to me once on a trip back home from Humboldt County with some Mendocino Greeno. But I got busted.

Sure was nice of Mr. Fed to understand my story that it was a "plant" by a secret agent.

now why on earth wouldnt they have an agent carry it 'undercover' and test the system, instead of putting it on a stranger like that? that's just goofy.
    Have you ever driven a Citroen?

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________
    '67 Trail 90 || '86 R80 G/SPD+ || '97 F650ST || '00 1150 GS || '07 Xchallenge || '13 CB500X || '14 Grom

A Citroen has more hydraulic lines than I have blood vessels. Curious automobiles.
    Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

Ya don't suppose that Inspector Clueso was in charge of this little training mission do ya? Why would those French actually give Inspector Clueso plastic explosives
    Tom
    Salem Or.
    '93 K1100LT w/Bushtec
    '09 F650GS '15 Ducati Multistrada

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Probably used a repellant on it like perfume or soap.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

USERNAME
    whoops! cliffy, you spoke too soon! thank god the bomb we lost was fake though...

here's a link to the story about the fake bomb they lost in newark.

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    Two major differences.
    1. Ours was fake.
    2. We know where it is.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by username
    whoops! cliffy, you spoke too soon! thank god the bomb we lost was fake though...

here's a link to the story about the fake bomb they lost in newark.
    Well this was just our way of showing France that "anything you can do, we can do better...we can do anything better than you"

OKAY - the more I read about the oil for food deal the more i understand why France and Russia wanted us to play ball with the UN so dang bad. AND why they wanted to keep saddam hussein in power. shooo-wee, those ruskies and frenchies were making some serious money offen the oil he was sliding their way. plus they helped him buy palaces so he could feed women to wild animals and torture his soccer team. i think it is really swell that Anan's son was able to make some of the money too - which he no doubt distributed to the poor people in his native Africa. i thank god for the righteous finger pointers from france who will show us the straight and narrow way. (What, someone is messing with your chocolate production??? well, kill 'em.)
    All those countries who point fingers at us ought to put their pointer fingers where the sun don't shine. C'mon already. What really makes me puke is that the UN is supposed to be an humanitarian outfit. when capitalists (be they Enron or whomever) cheat, lie and steal to line their pockets - at the very least they are not pretending to be Mother Theresa while they milk the system. sure is discouraging. i hope we, the US, have let our dues to the UN lapse again - we ought not give them another dime. (sorry for the rant)
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com