Thread: 2003 k1200gt

2003 k1200gt

Friend looking at a 2003 K1200GT, 17,000 miles, no visible indications of abuse or an accident. Price $7,500.

I know little to nothing about K bikes. Are there particular weak points on this bike he should be aware of? I've advised him to see if the dealer will include a 18,000 mile service in the deal that also includes a final drive service if it is not otherwise part of the service. Seems like a decent deal to me.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Go for it. Make sure all the extras (windshield, heated grips, cruise) work. Try to verify service records etc. Test ride it. You can't go wrong with this bike.
    J?rgen
    Red Rocks
    04 R1150GS adv
    04 K1200RS last of the great bricks

Red04GT
    I would ask to see when the last brake service was performed. If it has been awhile I would ask to have that included in the deal, as a full brake flush can be costly.

Turns out the price is $6600. Even better.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Red04GT
    That is a good price, especially if the bike checks out ok.

I currently have two (yes that is two 04' K1200GT) and just love how they look and ride.

Good luck.

Inspect the bellhousing for any indication of a rear main seal leak, apparently this was fairly common at low mileage. My '04 had a leak that was found and replaced under warranty at the 6k service. Expensive is he has the dealer do it. Never did find out why, but I suspect it was actually the o-ring under the nut & washer that secure the flywheel rather than the seal itself.
    Bob Weis
    Bikeless! 2004-bmw-k12rs-hannigan-Sold!