• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

"If I only had a brain" ABS ,THAT IS.

motomatt90s
:beerRecently,after a frustrating search for a ABS brain for my '93 K75s.I made a good find.A fellow in Japan will check or repair a brain and ship it anywhere for $320.00.I'd found a used one for $400.00{new is available fot $1900.00}and bought it.Then ,with a google search, I found Tabu Tosi, email k100abs@gmail.He includes a printout of the checks he performs and warrantees the unit for a year. Bought one,plugged it up and it works.I don't recall his website wwwstuff but email him...a pleasure to deal with.Matthew Mims

The ABS modulator failed on my 94 BMW R1100RS back in 98 following a crash. The bike suffered only minor cosmetic injury, I got a busted leg when it fell on me. I think it failed due to some issue of a breather or overflow tube from the ABS modulator, not the repeated low-voltage starts the dealer claimed was the "burned in" fault it supposedly set in permanent memory.

I rode without ABS for eight years when I finally found a salvaged ABS modulator on ebay with a "buy it now" price of $250. It came off a K1100RS (even though the seller said it was from a R1100GS). I installed it myself, bled the brakes, fresh fluid and all. Then took the bike to my local dealer so the tech there could initialize it to my bike. That was back in 06 and it has been working great since then! I just tested it hard this afternoon doing a series of high effort stop to practice my braking skills. All total the cost to replace the unit was $300.

Back