• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Safe and legal place to park In, or Near Front Royal , VA.

S

sailer

Looking for a place to leave my pick up in or near or in Front Royal or anywhere in northern VA. Off Interstate 81
I am heading down for a work appointment in Southern PA on May 17th. But before that date, I want ride my RT down to DealÔÇÖs Gap, NC. And meet up with a pal of mind who is coming up from FL.
I am looking for a place to park my pick up truck near Front Royal, VA.
Considering, time and the best roads to ride that is where I would like to unload the bike and head down from.
I am hoping to head down Sunday may 9th but it might bot be until Tuesday park my truck then return on May 16, load up bike and head up to PA. For court the next day

Does any one know a body shop or car dealer, maybe a tow company someone or place that a parking a pick up truck would not be a be impact to there operation
I was going to leave it at a hotel but I really donÔÇÖt want to come back and find that my truck has been towed with a week storage charges and/ or my ramps and bike tie down gear missing.

I donÔÇÖt mind paying a fee for peace of mind
It is a black 2005 dura-max Chevy extra cab pick up, in very good shape would not be any kind of an eye sore

Philip

Friendly, Local MC Dealers

Phil,
You might try asking a locol motorcycle dealer if it would be ok to park, unload your bike, and leave it at their shop while you explored the area.

The folks at Valley Cycle are great, and may allow you to leave the truck there for a short time, if it's not hampering business. Also, Shenandoah Honda is a great dealership. These are bothe near Winchester, VA.

Valley Cycle
100 Myersons Dr. Just off Rt. 50E of Winchester.
(5400 667-1893

Shenandoah Honda
2098 Berryville Pike Just east of winchester on Rt 7.
(540) 678-8500

Just south of Winchester (maybe 20 miles) is the entrance to Skyline dr.

Len

I hate my job

I HATE MY JOB

I want to thank every one who replied to my request, offered suggestions. A meeting for work on Monday is causing me to shorten my trip and I will have to drive futher south before I can unload bike. Plan on meeting my buddy from FL Tuesday night down near Deal's Gap, so looks like Roanoke, VA. will be my jump off point, a least i will get to do the southern half of the Blue Ridge. Thank you all very much and if I could ever return the gester in Boston, Rangely, Me. east coast of Fl or Nova Scotai I would happy to offer the same.

Philip

Back