Thread: Rear Wheel ABS

Rear Wheel ABS

I was cleaning my 09 RT yesterday and dutifully made sure the ABS ring and sensor on the left side of the front wheel were tidy. When I got to the rear wheel, I couldn't identify a corresponding perforated ABS ring or sensor.

Does anyone know how the rear wheel ABS is triggered? I seem to remember a toothed ring and sensor on my previous LT. It just seems odd.

Stan
    Lake Tahoe

Quote Originally Posted by 53133 View Post
    I was cleaning my 09 RT yesterday and dutifully made sure the ABS ring and sensor on the left side of the front wheel were tidy. When I got to the rear wheel, I couldn't identify a corresponding perforated ABS ring or sensor.

Does anyone know how the rear wheel ABS is triggered? I seem to remember a toothed ring and sensor on my previous LT. It just seems odd.

Stan
    Lake Tahoe
    The sensor fits inside the FD.

Ignore the missing flange. Note the wire going to a plug at 2 o'clock on the FD. That is the sensor. This is an '05 FD. Your's will also have a fill port at about the 10 o'clock position.

In this picture you can see the sensor between the flange and brake rotor.

Those sneaky buggers in Munich... Thanks so much for clearing up the confusion!!

Stan