• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

MSF - I did it!

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
For the past few weeks, I've participated in the Rider Coach Prep course along with 10 others. Yesterday, I'm happy to announce, that we all became certified!

As a group, we taught our first class this past weekend. We had a few ups and downs. One woman in particular, amazed us as we watched her weaving through the cones at a nice speed with a huge smile on her face. We could tell that was the moment that she "got it". I think that made the past few weeks even more rewarding.

I'm looking forward to my mentoring classes in the next few weeks and eventually feeling 100% competent in my skills as a coach.

For the past few weeks, I've participated in the Rider Coach Prep course along with 10 others. Yesterday, I'm happy to announce, that we all became certified! I'm looking forward to my mentoring classes in the next few weeks and eventually feeling 100% competent in my skills as a coach.

Excellent news & congratulations. Sharing the knowledge and helping others become proficient riders is such a worthy activity -- it's something I've been wanting to pursue but haven't taken the time to do it. Thanks for sharing the news and good luck with your coaching.

For the past few weeks, I've participated in the Rider Coach Prep course along with 10 others. Yesterday, I'm happy to announce, that we all became certified!

As a group, we taught our first class this past weekend. We had a few ups and downs. One woman in particular, amazed us as we watched her weaving through the cones at a nice speed with a huge smile on her face. We could tell that was the moment that she "got it". I think that made the past few weeks even more rewarding.

I'm looking forward to my mentoring classes in the next few weeks and eventually feeling 100% competent in my skills as a coach.

Congratulations!

I remember how proud I was of earning that distinction some years ago.

The experience has made me so much better a rider than I was (though still always working to be better yet), and the satistaction of getting new riders out on the streets with proper skills, and encouraging them to make those skills habits, is huge!

Enjoy a long and satisfying career making a positive difference in the safety of our chosen recreation, and again - Congrats!!! :clap

Tracy;

Congratulations, the accomplishment should not be underestimated it took a month out of your life during which I am sure you had many doubts about your original decision to take it on. If nothing else becoming an MSF Certified Coach reflects a tremendous amount of sacrifice and personal dedication to completing the training under some very stressful conditions.

Looking forward to seeing you again and I would teach with you anytime.

Jerry

Thanks, everyone!

Going in to the class, I thought I was a pretty good rider. I soon realized I had a few bad habits that needed work. Jerry, you were a tremendous help! I'd love to come to Sussex and coach with you sometime!

Thanks, everyone!

Going in to the class, I thought I was a pretty good rider. I soon realized I had a few bad habits that needed work. Jerry, you were a tremendous help! I'd love to come to Sussex and coach with you sometime!

+1 on the bad habits, still trying to break them and have been a MSF coach for three years.

Congrats and ride safe.

Roy

good job! now start working on your cone tossing and tricks to reduce walking.:laugh

Back