• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New 1200RT crash bars

Old Rider - OK Mechanic
just ordered a new 1200rt and would like to install a set of crash bars. Found lots for the last model, but none for the new one. Any suggestions. As well I need to mount a GPS to this bike. Have been using a Touratek mount on my old GS, but will need a new solution as the new bile really has no handle bars ? Any suggestions.

email address is nichollls@mts.net

GPS Mount

Touratech Streetline catalog for 2010 has an above the dash mount and other acc. for the 2010. Cycoactve told me they won't see the new parts in the US till summer. Nice stuff , but spendy.

Touratech Streetline catalog for 2010 has an above the dash mount and other acc. for the 2010. Cycoactve told me they won't see the new parts in the US till summer. Nice stuff , but spendy.

+1. Just got the Touratech Streetline catalog. Ordered a radiator screen for my 2010 RT. I looked at the crash bars. I think they look good for the 2010 RT.

I recently bought a 2010RT and had a BMW gps mount installed between the handlebars. I preferred that location as it is easier to reach than stretching to the area above the instruments, which is another option. I have bar-back risers, which have a wider spread between than the stock handlebars, the dealer had to use longer bolts for the install, but it looks very professional and works fine.

Thanks for your help

I just looked at the bracket used for the 2010 RT by BMW. I think I can fabricate this bracket and it will place my GPS in a better position given the use of a tank bag.

I'll send pic's when done and let you all know how it works. Thanks to all for your comments and assistance.

I recently bought a 2010RT and had a BMW gps mount installed between the handlebars. I preferred that location as it is easier to reach than stretching to the area above the instruments, which is another option. I have bar-back risers, which have a wider spread between than the stock handlebars, the dealer had to use longer bolts for the install, but it looks very professional and works fine.

Do you use a tank bag. If any problems seeing the GPS over the bag ?

+1. Just got the Touratech Streetline catalog. Ordered a radiator screen for my 2010 RT. I looked at the crash bars. I think they look good for the 2010 RT.

Will they fit a 2010 RT ? Sent them an email to ask and I'm waiting for a response !

Do you use a tank bag. If any problems seeing the GPS over the bag ?

No. I don't use a tank bag. I suspect that if one used the BMW bag, it would interfere with the GPS. If there was a way to use a smaller bag, it could work.

No. I don't use a tank bag. I suspect that if one used the BMW bag, it would interfere with the GPS. If there was a way to use a smaller bag, it could work.

That what I thought. I will have to mount on top on console....Too bad as the Touratech brackets would be a very easy solution.

Thanks

Will they fit a 2010 RT ? Sent them an email to ask and I'm waiting for a response !

The streetline catalog says yes but the online catalog say "does not fit 2009 and newer". I'm a bit confused. I would call them on their 800 number and ask; 1-800-491-2926

The streetline catalog says yes but the online catalog say "does not fit 2009 and newer". I'm a bit confused. I would call them on their 800 number and ask; 1-800-491-2926

Yes I saw that and I have emailed them to see if they have one for the 2010 RT, but have yet to get a response. I will phone soon.

I have an '09 and at first had the BMW mount placed up between the forks. With my kinda small bag I still could not see the GPS without stretching up to see over the bag. I put the GPS with RAM mounts on the brake handle assembly. Works fine but if I could see it I would rather have it where it was. I just wasn't willing to give up the tank bag.

Engine protectors

I installed Wunderlich engine protector on my 2010 RT. Part #8160735 in silver color. Fit Perfectly and have had no problems with them scraping. A trip to Deals Gap verifed this. The price Was $329.00.

I looked at the wonderlich bars before buying the tourtech bars. I went with the tourtech as they are stainless steel and the wonderlich are powder coated. I mount my driving lights and highway pegs on the bars and felt the powder coat would crack and rust through.

GPS & Tank bag

I have the standard RT tank bag and don't have any issues with seeing the GPS. I suspect if I expanded the bag then if would be harder to see.

I just picked up a 2006 RT and would like to put crash bars on it.

I hear people talking about them but can't find a link. :blush

Can someone provide a direct link for this computer dummy? :lurk

Also pictures would be nice if you have them on your bike along with recommendations or problem reports.

$bob$

Back