• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Hello from Alaska

T

thatguy

Howdy folks I am sorta a new BMW owner. Bought a 1150GS ADV down in Idaho from another MOA member but on a different board. Don't pick it up until May. Then I'm meeting with three friends over in SLC to ride it back to Alaska after a solo leg in the midwest.
I also have an 09 KLR that I quite enjoy also.
I live in Anchorage and have been in Alaska since '97 coming from VA.:usa

Hello from Illinois. I'm planning a trip up your way in '12. Hope you will enjoy your bike and the Forum.

Hello and welcome! Congrats on the purchase of the GS. Seems a good many Alaska owners like the GS machines. Great choice. And those KLR's are nice too! I hope you enjoy your jaunt in the midwest and I am sure you will!
JD

Why yes we are. We're going to tag along with the Aerostich Tour headed to Deadhorse the previous weekend, then return to Fairbanks and hose off before heading to Dawson.

Why yes we are. We're going to tag along with the Aerostich Tour headed to Deadhorse the previous weekend, then return to Fairbanks and hose off before heading to Dawson.

Alaska is definetely on my "to do" list, so a hearty welcome from another newby hoping to make pals who will be contacts when the time comes.....could be 12, could be 13....

Greetings

I'm actually leaving Washington State for Alaska on June 11 for three weeks. Riding an 800 GS. The wife on her 650GS.

I'm actually leaving Washington State for Alaska on June 11 for three weeks. Riding an 800 GS. The wife on her 650GS.

Should be a good time. I
m actually getting back into town around then from my trip. I was also in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, I love that place. I have concluded that WA is a cleaner version of AK.

Back