Thread: Hello from Alaska

thatguy

Hello from Alaska

Howdy folks I am sorta a new BMW owner. Bought a 1150GS ADV down in Idaho from another MOA member but on a different board. Don't pick it up until May. Then I'm meeting with three friends over in SLC to ride it back to Alaska after a solo leg in the midwest.
    I also have an 09 KLR that I quite enjoy also.
    I live in Anchorage and have been in Alaska since '97 coming from VA.

Hello from Illinois. I'm planning a trip up your way in '12. Hope you will enjoy your bike and the Forum.
    '09 BMW 1200 GSA, 2013 BMW 700GS, 2000 Goldwing SE, '09' V Star 950, '09 Honda Rebel,
    '77 Honda 750A. Holding at six til I get new garage built - need more room for more bikes!

JAMESDUNN
    Hello and welcome! Congrats on the purchase of the GS. Seems a good many Alaska owners like the GS machines. Great choice. And those KLR's are nice too! I hope you enjoy your jaunt in the midwest and I am sure you will!
    JD

Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

thatguy
    Thanks guys! AKBeemer you going to Dawson this year?

Why yes we are. We're going to tag along with the Aerostich Tour headed to Deadhorse the previous weekend, then return to Fairbanks and hose off before heading to Dawson.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

Quote Originally Posted by AKBeemer View Post
    Why yes we are. We're going to tag along with the Aerostich Tour headed to Deadhorse the previous weekend, then return to Fairbanks and hose off before heading to Dawson.
    Alaska is definetely on my "to do" list, so a hearty welcome from another newby hoping to make pals who will be contacts when the time comes.....could be 12, could be 13....

cinghiale

Greetings

I'm actually leaving Washington State for Alaska on June 11 for three weeks. Riding an 800 GS. The wife on her 650GS.

thatguy
    Quote Originally Posted by cinghiale View Post
    I'm actually leaving Washington State for Alaska on June 11 for three weeks. Riding an 800 GS. The wife on her 650GS.
    Should be a good time. I
    m actually getting back into town around then from my trip. I was also in Seattle a couple of weeks ago, I love that place. I have concluded that WA is a cleaner version of AK.