Hello, thought I would report on my progress todate on the R50/2 that I found back in December. I finally found some time to play with it over the holidays.
The engine was stuck when I got it home, so I had filled the cylinders with Marvel Mystery through the spark plug holes and left it to sit for about two weeks.
I found water had gone in through the carbs, ( the P/O had left it out in the weather for a while) so the inside of those did not look to cool, so they are off to the Carb Doctor at Bing. The water had gone into the heads, so the valves have a little rust on them and the intake ports are a little corroded, so they are on the way to Ed Korn at Cycle Works. The valves had all been closed so very little water had made it into the cylinders, but the rings had rusted to the walls but thankfuly not to bad. They let go with very little effort and the cylinders honed up pretty nice. I was able to find some manuals from Vech and a $$$$$$$shopping list is on order from him. So I'm just cleaning rusty stuff and waiting for things to come back. So Far So Good!!!
Thanks for all the help to date.