• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Goodbye, old girl

glenfiddich

TravelsWithBarley.com
My wife and I rescue and rehabilitate abused golden retrievers. To help us with this work we have four of our own, our core pack. Today we lost our matriarch, Tuppence the Wonderbitch. She was only ten, but had been diagnosed with hemangiosarcoma a few days ago. We've been through this before with others, so figured we had a month at best. I made plans to spend as my time with her as possible, starting this weekend.

But she took a turn for the worse while I was at work today, and my wife called in the afternoon expressing concern. I left early, and got home to the usual jubilant greeting from my three boys: Tadcaster, Barley and Kazoo. Then I looked up to see Tuppence staggering toward me. She made it to within a few feet before falling heavily to her side, so I sat with her on dirt. She scraped forward a few more inches to rest her white muzzle on my thigh, and looked up at me with big brown eyes brimming with love.

A few minutes later she was gone.

She was a wonderful, loving dog, and I'll miss her.

Pete

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 324
My daughter and I lost our Golden four years ago. He was only a five year old. Renal failure, probably induced by a Chinese dog food additive. I miss him still. You have my understanding and sympathy. At least you were with her in the end.
JD

She surely will be missed. They are truly examples of unconditional love.
I have experienced the same loss with my Calvin a few years back. We looked into each others eyes as he took his last breath.
I'm very sorry for your loss.

Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here,
that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they
can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are
warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and
vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong
again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times
gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they
each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one
suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are
intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the
group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and
faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally
meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.
The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the
beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your
pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.......

Author unknown...

"Heaven is a place where you get all your dogs back".
(unknown)

We are blessed to still be living with 3 of the 8 Afghan Hounds that have been part of our family over the years.

It never gets any easier when one's time has come. We're looking forward to being with all of them again someday.

In the mean time: Love the one(s) you're with.

:dance:dance:dance

Pete - so sorry to hear of your loss.

At least you were able to spend her last moments together.

Luis

We lost Sherman T Potter who we called simply Potter or Potsie about 3 years ago. Potter was a big doofus and one ot the most gentle dogs I have ever known.

Hhe went from being always content and happy to not being able to stay still. We started keeping him in the mud room at night until he started scratching his paws bloody to get out.

The last time we went to the vet, we knew Potsie was not coming home. My wife couldn't stay in the exam room so I held him while he got the shot. He tried to lick the tears off my face before he quietly went to sleep.

We have 5 other dogs of diiferent breeds and they are our children. Each different and each special. My wife swears Potter came to her in a dream later to tell her it was ok.

I understand. Please do not grieve so deeply that you let all the love and laughter she brought you slip away, even for a little while.

We lost Sherman T Potter who we called simply Potter or Potsie about 3 years ago. Potter was a big doofus and one ot the most gentle dogs I have ever known.

Hhe went from being always content and happy to not being able to stay still. We started keeping him in the mud room at night until he started scratching his paws bloody to get out.

The last time we went to the vet, we knew Potsie was not coming home. My wife couldn't stay in the exam room so I held him while he got the shot. He tried to lick the tears off my face before he quietly went to sleep.

We have 5 other dogs of diiferent breeds and they are our children. Each different and each special. My wife swears Potter came to her in a dream later to tell her it was ok.

I understand. Please do not grieve so deeply that you let all the love and laughter she brought you slip away, even for a little while.
couldn't have said it better

Sorry for your loss. It has never been easy to lose a dog, but I know that when that time comes with either of our goldens (Barley and Cocoa) it will be devastating. They are special. Remember all the smiles she gave you and the lessons she taught you.

I'm sorry you lost your dog, Peter. Goldens are such sweet animals. She was lucky to have you in her life for as long as she did.

Best,
Muriel

Good night Case.

I donÔÇÖt post often but this hit close to home.
Lost my Black Lab Casie Marie six years ago.
Still not over it.

Upon arriving in Heaven leave your Dog outside.
Heaven goes by favor
If it went by merit you would stay out and your Dog would go in.

Mark Twain.

I've sure been through your situation enough to sympathize with your hurt.

It gets better, but never goes away. There's nothing in the human experience quite like the love of a furry friend.

Condolences,
mike

I understand exactly how you feel. Over the years, I've had to have several of my "friends" put to sleep due to age and or illness. It never seems to get any easier! It was good that you were there to comfort your dog at then end.

Take heart, for I believe a truly loving God will ensure that we and our pets who showed such loyalty and love toward us will be united once again some day.

So faithful she waited for you to get home before going "home" herself. That's love.

We lost our matriarch of our small pack just before Christmas.

Condolences to you and your family.

So faithful she waited for you to get home before going "home" herself. That's love.

Yes, that's what stunned me so! Over the years she would watch me reading or sleeping, just stare at me. If I glanced her way she'd wag happily. If I reached out a hand she would practically quiver with excitement as she ran to me. So I knew she loved me, and I her.

But to think of her holding on all day like that, bleeding internally, her nose against the door waiting for my return. And the way she looked at me as I held her those last few minutes, her tail wagging weakly, those eyes so full of love. There was no fear and no pain, just love and absolute trust.

I can't remember ever having been loved that fully before.

What a beautiful gift from my beautiful little girl!

Back