Thread: New member from Florida

Professional Slacker

New member from Florida

Just purchased a 1978 R100RS from a friend. This is my 2nd BMW in 45 years of riding. The 1st was a '74 R90S way back in 1975.

The R100RS is a BIG Project. I'll be documenting the rebuild on the forum. Like I said in a previous post, this bike is a Heinz 57; there are parts from several different bikes so that the original RS is unrecognizable.

I am also picking up a 1981 R100T today. It's a basket case, but it once ran before being put up for several years. Break out the cleaning solvent.

and ---- I have a 2007 Harley Ultra Classic for touring. I might go with something else in the future, but the bike is a good, reliable and comfortable touring bike. Lastly, I have a 1991 Ducati 907 i.e. Red, of course!

Great to have you here...ah deland, one of my most favorite places. Beautiful and friendly town...stayed there many times!
    Sounds like you have your work cut out for you with the restorations and it will be interesting to follow your progress. Welcome aboard!
    Vance Harrelson
    2019 Rally Chair
    MOA Foundation Director / Ambassador
    R1200GSA "Buck" / G310GS "Tiny"

warredon
    Welcome aboard! You will like this forum, it is a good place for advice on your restoration project. I have a 1980 R100T and have owned it since 85.

We lived not too far from you in Ormond By The Sea. We bought our first BMW from Jay at Ormond Cycles back in the 70's. We decided to move to the hills of southeastern Tennessee in 78 and the rest is history.