• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

battery life

TRJeff

Im looking at replacing the battery on my 06 K12R. Bike has 38000 miles and I have owned bike since new. No starting issues yet but have noticed that the little battery icon stays on screen for a few more seconds that I was used to. I have not needed to use the battery charger to keep voltage up. battery voltage 24 hours after a long ride is now at 12.3 volts. So just a new battery or look further for something else?

Battry maybe due as it is 4 years old.

However voltage does not tell the whole story - you need to have it load tested.

If you don't want to replace with OEM you may want to look at Odyssey

Here is the link Odyssey Batteries looks like maybe Model 680 may be the one you use folr your bike

But double check everything

I've got to have the dealer check mine as well. Only a year old, but after only a three week layoff (in my climate-controlled garage), it wouldn't start. I predict an under warranty replacement in my future....

Back