• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

22nd The Great Chicken Rally

bmwgsrider

Is anyone able to provide me more information about this rally? I once heard its all you can eat chicken 24 hours a day... is that true?

Are all the meals included in the rally fee?

Is it a very fun rally... is it something to consider on attending? I have been wanting to attend for years...

Thanks.

May 27 - 30, 2010
22nd “The Great Chicken Rally” in Rocket City
BMW Motorcycle Owners of Alabama #5

Join us in 2010 at Ditto Landing, Huntsville, AL. on Hobbs Island Rd., ?? mi. north of Tennessee River off US Hwy 231. Welcome to BMW riders and their guests. Come Eat, Ride, Dance, Sleep, repeat! 3 nights camping, Smoked BBQ pork and sides Thurs. evening, pancakes Fri & Sat. morning, Continental breakfast Sun. morning, Smoked chicken and sides STARTING FRIDAY DINNER, Sat. lunch and Dinner. Free coffee, tea, water, and lemonade throughout the rally and free popcorn and peanuts at night to enjoy with the live music, as long as the volunteers hold out. Rally pin, rally gift, and a chicken key chain to the first 600 arrivals. Over 100 Door prizes, standard rally awards, vendors, seminars, 3 nights live entertainment, all for $40 rally fee. This will be the 3rd year for the vintage bike show with awards to be given. Make arrangements with Tim McGee at tmcgeesr@bellsouth.net or contact the rally chair at BamaBMW@aol.com .Please no pets. Early arrivals before Thursday must pay the campground their regular fee. Please note we do not serve lunch on Friday. Children 6 to 12, $20...under 6 free. Day passes ONLY on Sat., $20. Raffling new BMW (G650GS) Sat. evening. Tickets $5 and are available NOW - Contact BamaBMW@aol.com. Self guided tour maps to Barber's Motor Sports track and Museum, Jack Daniel's Distillery, Unclaimed Baggage store, and self guided "Great roads" rides will be available at registration. No RV slots available with hook ups in main campground. Additional RV sites, if you are self contained, are in the side camp area at no extra cost. Vendors please reserve space ahead with Connie Reaves, BamaBMW@aol.com, or check Club website http://www.BMWMOAL.org to find e-mails and contacts of the Rally Co-Chair, Vance Harrelson at weridebmw@bellsouth.net, President, or other club Official. Please make checks payable to BMW MOAL And mail pre-registrations to: Connie Reaves, 108 Cape Cod Circle, Alabaster, AL. 35007

This year will be my second Chicken Rally, with last year being my first. Its a HOOT... I can't wait. Great people, Great food, Great music. If you've never seen Microwave Dave & the Nukes, you have been missing something special...:thumb

Last year was my first Chicken Rally. Lots of food, lots of chicken but no longer 24 hours. I was told that increased campground rental fees were the reason. If my memory serves me correctly, breakfast and suppers were part of the fee. Lots of draw prizes and a number of vendors were in attendance. It was enough to have it in my calendar for this year. :thumb :ca

Last year was my first and it was a lot of fun. I would highly recommend going. Good people trying their best to put on a first class operation, and they do!

Lots of repeat business testifies to the quality of the event.

You will not be disappointed. :thumb

I've been many times and there is no lack of food. As mentioned in an earlier post, the chicken is no longer 24 hours a day, but when they do have it you can eat as much as you like. I think I remember reading that there will not be a pancake breakfast on Sunday morning, I will sure miss that before heading home. I'm usually there by Thursday and that evening is when they serve that smoked pork and it sure is savory.

It is one of our favorite rallies and we hope to make it this year after missing last year.

I don't know how I have missed this thread but I would like to personally invite you and everyone to attend our rally. This will be the 22nd year and we are in full planning mode as you can imagine! True, we no longer advertise chicken 24 hours a day...as we are getting to old to keep up with the demand! I am always amazed at how much can be eaten during this event!

However after you eat, we will have live music Thurs-Fri and Sat night. Pulled pork on Thursday night and then the chicken goes on... and on and on. The smoked chicken is complimented by all the trimmings. Please note that lunch will not be served on Friday. This is to allow the cookers (the people cooking) to catch up and for you to explore the area. We have many great rides and attractions in the area. Get back late afternoon....and eat again.

Sunday breakfast will most likely be continental style this year. Still working out details...this is a logistics issue....

In addition to the music, as mentioned above we usually will have somewhere in the neighborhood of 15K in door prizes, a grand prize or two and oh yeah...we are again raffling a 2010 BMW G650GS. Tickets are $5 each and only 3500 are printed. Someone is going to be real happy saturday night with a new bike!

The $40 rally fee gets your camping, food, music and fun. Best deal I know of....

The rally will again be located at Ditto Landing in Huntsville, AL along the beautiful TN river. Plenty of shaded camping (please note RV space is very limited and no hookups are available).

Thanks for the kind words above from those who have attended past rallies. For those of you who have not...try it out...if you leave hungry it will most certainly be because you do not eat chicken! :wave

Some will arrive Wednesday but our deal with the campground actually starts on Thursday. so if you arrive wednesday you will need to check in at the marina and pay for wed night camping. also, be aware that there are some "full time" residents in that park and we actually move them out during the day Wed & Thursday. but in any event there should be plenty of camping room available. Just don't locate too close to the pavilion...believe me you don't want to anyway! :D

Good Chicken, Good People, Good Vendors, Good Rides, Good Camping, Good BBQ Pork, Good Trimmings, Good Door Prizes, Good Dave & the Nukes, Good Walking Trail by the River, Good Time!

O.....Good Chicken!

Huntsville. Well, if there's interest in someone providing camping services, I might be persuaded to support (2011 though....).

Is anyone able to provide me more information about this rally? I once heard its all you can eat chicken 24 hours a day... is that true?

Are all the meals included in the rally fee?

Is it a very fun rally... is it something to consider on attending? I have been wanting to attend for years...

Thanks.

May 27 - 30, 2010
22nd ÔÇ£The Great Chicken RallyÔÇØ in Rocket City
BMW Motorcycle Owners of Alabama #5

cyclepath said:
Good Chicken, Good People, Good Vendors, Good Rides, Good Camping, Good BBQ Pork, Good Trimmings, Good Door Prizes, Good Dave & the Nukes, Good Walking Trail by the River, Good Time!

After attending Chicken Rally for the past 10 years, there is nothing but "VERY GOOD" about this Rally.:eat:

P.S. I already smell that chicken and I am getting hungry.:blush

Since I have never been to the rally before, can one tell me if it is easy to find or provide me with some easy directions, please? I would appreciate it and thanks so much in advance. If it is at a Marina, what is the name of the Marina?

Registration is the same price either way. However, if you pre-resister we will set a packet back for you insuring the goodies. :brow

Back