• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Value of accessories

georgej

Does anyone know what these might be worth? The tank cover came with my Motorsport.I've seen many in black but never one this blue color.

Attachments

• P1000594.JPG
    P1000594.JPG
    116.2 KB · Views: 253
Another one,looks like the bottom half of an old tankbag.

Attachments

• P1000597.JPG
    P1000597.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 251
They are worth whatever someone is willing to pay. Simple as that...

I sold that exact same tank bag (however complete) on craigslist for $120, mine was in nice shape, but needed new foam on the base. I had a calls within minutes of posting.

I'd hang on to the blue tank cover...if it is OEM, its probably pretty unusual. Only 200 Motorsports were brought into the US, I doubt many had a tank cover and fewer blue. Maybe it was a Butler&Smith marketing item? Or someone simply had on dyed.

Annapolis, I agree that it's unusual. I've seen black ones but never this blue color. Thing is I can't see it sitting in the garage on a shelf and I can use the money to offset the cost of other things I've done to the bike. I have a Brown's side stand with a small square plate welded to the bottom of it and a Reynolds backrest with rack I'm also going to sell.I just haven't posted the ad yet. I've put a lot of money into the bike,more than I planned on.I'll post a picture when i get the stock windscreen mounted.

On that blue cover, I remember seeing that patch for years at flea market vendors, so I don't think it's a BMW accessory. It's quite possible someone just came up with a blue tank cover and added the logo patch(es).

Back