• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Storing Extra Visor

One more vote for the Cycle Gadget product. Fits great in the curve of my tank bag and protects the shield completely. it wasone of the first accessories I bought my daughter when she started riding.

When I try that page, I get a broken link when I try to place an order.

Right you are. I just sent the owner a PM on another forum that he's a member of, telling him there's a problem with his site. BTW, I have no affiliation with this business. I've bought a few things from his site, including the visor protector.

Right you are. I just sent the owner a PM on another forum that he's a member of, telling him there's a problem with his site. BTW, I have no affiliation with this business. I've bought a few things from his site, including the visor protector.

I heard back and it turns out he is not taking individual orders, but advises folk to order through a dealer (like CycleGadgets).

"I'm afraid to try to change my (Arai) visor on the road."

That's why I have two Arai helmets, one with a clear shield; another with a tinted one.

It's easier to buy another helmet than try to change the shield.

Last edited:
I heard back and it turns out he is not taking individual orders, but advises folk to order through a dealer (like CycleGadgets).

Well, I know that CycleGadgets shipping is out of sight. No way it could possibly cost $20 to ship something like that. Looks to me like it could go USPS in an envelope for few bucks. When I have bought things from BMW dealers in the past, they just charged me their actual cost to ship.

I guess I'll ask again if anyone has bought this item from a vendor with real world shipping cost.

"I'm afraid to try to change my (Arai) visor on the road."

That's why I have two Arai helmets, one with a clear shield; another with a tinted one.

It's easier to buy another helmet than try to change the shield.

I have an HJC and I had to practice changing the visor a few times before I got the hang of it. But, once I did, it is pretty quick to do. In the summer I have a smoke visor on nearly all the time. The tint looks darker from the outside that it does from the inside by far. On a sunny day, I still wear sunglasses with the smoke visor. When I am on the road for the day, I don't like to have to squint; it just detracts from overall comfort. On an overcast day, I leave off the sunglasses. I really only need to change to the clear visor when it is really dark. If I make it back home, or back to camp, by dusk, I can see perfectly well through the smoke visor without sunglasses.

http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products...t.asp?Item=FSP

The cyclegadgets product looks good to me, and I don't have a problem with $12.95 plus a couple bucks for US Mail shipping. The problem is they want $20 to send it US mail. That puts it over $30.

I have notice some BMW dealers carry this. Has anyone found a source willing to ship at a reasonable cost?

Did you phone them? While they are located pretty rurally in Eureka Springs, that doesn't sound correct and webpages often miscalculate shipping charges. That item could fit in a padded envelope and should be $4.95 or less to mail.

Did you phone them? While they are located pretty rurally in Eureka Springs, that doesn't sound correct and webpages often miscalculate shipping charges. That item could fit in a padded envelope and should be $4.95 or less to mail.

I can tell you I paid maybe $7 for shipping on two. Else, I wouldn't have bought them!

I have bought stuff from them and they are good people. Call them and see what's up.

I just added one to my cart to see what the shipping charge was and it is $5.95.

Did you ask for overnight by mistake?

Back