Thread: Conspicuity lighting

Question Conspicuity lighting

I am interested in adding some lighting for conspicuity purposes.

I do not want fog, driving, nor aircraft landing lights.

I want two lights facing forward and one light on each side in amber. I am thinking about LED's because of lower wattage/amps.

Suggestions?
    TIA
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Current bike: 2015 Yamaha TW 200, modified for road/street use with tire, sprocket upgrades. "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

2. 04-13-2010, 02:51 AM

Pt

How about some pic's?
    TY
    "What is beautiful is simple, and what is simple always works"....Kalashnikov, inventor of the AK-47.
    Current bike: 2015 Yamaha TW 200, modified for road/street use with tire, sprocket upgrades. "Center yourself in the vertizontal. Ride a motorcycle...namaste' "

Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    I am interested in adding some lighting for conspicuity purposes.

I do not want fog, driving, nor aircraft landing lights.

I want two lights facing forward and one light on each side in amber. I am thinking about LED's because of lower wattage/amps.

Suggestions?
    TIA
    Skene Design Photon Blasters http://skenedesign.com/lights/PB_Features.shtml are the cat's meow -- I have them, and they are terrific!

rdsmith3
    I use Motolights with yellow bulbs -- it has greatly increased my conspicuity

Rally Rat

Lights

I have Motolights white bulb and am adding Photon Blasters next few days....
    If that makes me look like a spaceship - good

PIAA 110X are popular

Cross Country HID are making their way but spendy

Another option are Denali LED's - small but powerfull - good write up

BTW went with 1100x as they are only $175 now on Amazon
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

8. 04-14-2010, 08:03 PM

pt

I cannot open your links...
    sorry

I've been looking real hard at the VisionX Solstice Solo LED lights (with the 45/15 beam). These LED lights are the same as used in the Denali lighting kit from Twisted Throttle. A pair of lights can be had for prices as low as $214. One will still need to come up with a means of mounting the lights and obtain a relay, fuse, and switch.

With the low current draw of the LED lights some have indicated that the lights could just run throught a switch, but I kind of like the idea of using a relay. All things considered the Denali kit doesn't look too bad as the switch, relay,fuse, and generic mount are included.

The LED lights offer a nice option for folks with airheads that don't have upgraded charging systems.

The VisionX Solstice lights can be obtained for $119 each (less a 10% discount if the code "piratex" is used as the code for an on-line purchase) at -
    http://www.visionxstore.com/product_...roducts_id=486

The Denali kit from Twisted Throttle link has been given, but here it is again -
    http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/5224/

Maybe the BMW MOA could talk Twisted Throttle into offering a discount if some code-word (e.g., BMWMOA) is used...

11. 04-15-2010, 01:33 AM

Seattle-area Rounder OfficerImpersonator's Avatar
    Here are your side amber lights: http://www.whelen.com/_AUTOMOTIVE/de...74&prod_id=112

Whelen has tons of fun stuff to play with. I love having super-bright strobes flashing when I've activated my turn signals. People avoid me like the plague

Seattle, WA
    2012 R1200GSA
    2002 R1150RT-P
    1992 K75S sold