• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Rick Mayer Seat For My 2007 K1200 GT

marty

Marty
I've never done a testimonial, but I have been so pleased with my Rick Mayer seat for my 2007 K1200 GT that I had to send one to him.
If there's one thing that has made my great bike even better, it's the seat by Rick.
It's going in the mail today, but here's the jist of what I sent.

So far the seat has exceeded my expectations for the quality and comfort.
I know that thisÔÇÖll just continue to get better as I put on the miles.
Best of all  the two tone gray leather looks fantastic!

I guess BMW will continue to support craftsmen like Rick until they learn to make a seat that is comfortable.
I just wish I had done this on my 1985 K100RT that I rode for 24 years and just sold last year, with the original seat!

Rick called personally while I was in the process to reassure me.
Pictures were required of myself and Pat along with our physical details, so it makes sense that custom work can be done via ÔÇ£mail orderÔÇØ.

I am a very happy camper and will even happier since the weather will be great for riding this weekend and the Toronto Spring Motorcycle show is on.
I only have 700 km's (450 miles) so far, but have found a huge difference.

I read the forums and and contemplated other seats like the Russell Day Long along with Rocky and Bill Mayers and based my decision on what was said.
It's great to be able to "test ride" products through the BMW MOA`s unbiased opinions.

Thanks to the fellow MOA riders for the info and see you on the road.
I am so glad I became a Lifetime Member way back when.

Satisfied beyond my expectations,

Ditto

Had a Rick Mayer make a seat for my 09 K1300 GT last summer (basket weave vinyl). I did a drive in appointment and had it made exactly to my specs. The results are amazing. On the long rides I can roll off 600-700 mi a day without needing a ass transplant. Highly recommended.

Update on Rick Mayer seat

I agree this has been the best investment I have made to the bike.
I have put 2500 km's on the bike so far this year (25,000 km's total) and the seat is really comfortable.
I found it took a little time to break in but after 500 km's last weekend the seat great and the only discomfort was the cold (I had to ride home at night and it was near freezing).
I haven't even thought about the seat while riding except to remember to put the heater on!
The better half hasn't been on it yet due to her back, but I'm confident that she'll be just as pleased.:dance

Back