• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

very jerky k1200

AUDET

my 06 k1200gt is impossible to ride in first or second gear between 2 &3000 rpm.It jerks so hard I keep bumping helmets with my passenger. I can also hear the gears banging in the rear diff. Any body have an idea what is causing this.My dealer is 450 miles away. Thanks

K1200R, S and Sport had air box recall. I had similar issue with ine, air box exchange and new software update took care of it.

I also have an 06 K12GT. I'll second on making sure the airbox replacement and latest computer flash has been done. Yes, it's still very torquey in low gear, but I've learned to just put it one gear higher than you need at low speed. That will eliminate a lot of jerky-ness and there is still plenty of power to accelerate when needed. Once I wasn't paying attention while stopped and still had it in 3rd gear. When I started back out and it did fine without a whole lot of clutch slipping. So there's gobs of power still available at low rpms.

Short gearing

Don't know why but the newer K's are geared very low I get around it by short shifting to 3d as soon as the bike gets moving. There's more than enough grunt to pull a gear taller than you would on a an "R" bike for example. If however there is jerkiness even the in higher gears then it's more than possible that you are dealing with a fueling issue.

Back