• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Visor Down Article - Great Read

B

bobh41

Ben Cope is editor of Visor Down. The April Issue has his journal of riding the S1000RR from London to Gibraltar in January. It's exactly what you want to know about riding this bike. And it's very entertaining. Here are a few excerpts that may give you the tone of the article.

"Riding the S1000RR home in the dark with snow coming at me head on, I'm in that constant state of being on a theme park ride when you drop into darkness."

"On the Peripherique I stick the S100RR into SPORT mode, the first time out of the RAIN mode and the throttle response is completely different, the bike comes alive..."

"First time I get the S1000RR on twisty roads... I stick it into SPORT mode and get stuck in before I completely square the tires off, it's properly lively."

"I'm doing well for time. I don't have massive amount of miles to do, about 300 to Valencia. I treat myself to a fresh pair of boxer shorts. I've been wearing the others for four days. I've taken three T-Shirts and a polo shirt with me. I've been wearing all 3 T-Shirts every day just rotating them around. They all stink. I stink. Still no one to impress. Valencia comes up fast. I get there by about 4 pm. I come off the motorway a junction early and head through an industrial estate."

The journal is low on technical info but an intensely personal, subjective impression of the bike in a rushed, hauling-ass style - just like you would maximally enjoy if you were a twenty-something, hare-brained, adrenaline-junky.

I think I need one of these S1000R's, but I think I'll steer clear of Western Europe in the winter time. I really enjoyed this article even though some of Ben's jargon leaves me scratching my head?? Check it out.

Bob

Link Please?

Sorry; I reported excerpts from the hard copy of Visor Down magazine. That's the April issue. I don't have a digital subscription.

Back