• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

You don't see ads like this in the USA!

roborider

God? What god?
For those who get their panties in a wad over the Scorpion ads, how about this UK ad?

Attachments

• 823838583_edxa7-X2.jpg
    823838583_edxa7-X2.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 568
They have a point. After a good cleaning, my used acquisitions look and feel new.

i wish that, for one day each year, that we can see the type of advertising europeans get.
:dunno

I find the ad to be in poor taste....
Is BMW trying to change their image?

I'd guess so, but what image are they trying to project and who are they marketing to?

Pete

I think the ad would be more effective with a woman in her 20s or 30s. The ad is for "pre owned" vehicles. This looks like an ad for illegally stealing a new bike off the factory floor!

I think the ad would be more effective with a woman in her 20s or 30s. The ad is for "pre owned" vehicles. This looks like an ad for illegally stealing a new bike off the factory floor!

OMG........I just had a terrible visual of what the add would look like on the vintage airhead forum. :nono

OMG........I just had a terrible visual of what the add would look like on the vintage airhead forum. :nono

Scary thought........maybe Nancy Pelosi?:usa
If it was her in ad I'd be more comfortable with it.

Well I don't don't know about not seeing such ads in the US, I'm in the US right now and I can see the ad just fine! :laugh

RM

But seriously, Rocketman, remember the commotion and outrage when the relatively mile Scorpion ads in the MOA mag caused people to blow their tops, cancel memberships, and use a magic marker to black out pictures. Can you imagine the heads exploding if this ad were published?

While that is a horrible image to contemplate, consider the visual of what would be posted if we published a similar picture of a man that is aimed at our women riders. Would we really treat our ladies so poorly?

And what's even stranger is that while this one is sexier IMHO, somehow it doesn't come across as suggestive as the other one in what could be seen as a derisive double meaning. Again IMHO, the other one suggested women in general were (or the one in the ad anyway was) "easy", which is what I sensed upset some members, this one just suggests she's had sex before, which is pretty normal for most humans and hardly derisive. Go figure.

Anyone who's ever seen TV in the more southern regions (i.e Mexico and beyond) or Europe knows they have a much more, shall we say, liberal, view of sexuality.
RM

Back