• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Techmount GPS Mount for 08 R1200GSA

coalminer

I'm sure this has been asked before, what hasn't really, so I'll apologize in advance to all of you who fret over these duplicative questions.

I am about to order from www.techmounts.com their "fairing mount" for my GPS device, a Garmin Zumo 660. The mount is part number 3-21006.

I like that it will position the GPS device directly in front of me and that being directly behind the windshield will provide some protection from the weather.

Do any of you have any experience with this particular mount, and if so an opinion, pro or con would be appreciated? Are their issues associated with mounting a GPS device in this location of which I am unaware?

Your replies would be much appreciated

GPS Mount

I have a 2008 GSA and have my 550 Zumo mounted on the reinforcing bracket on the windshield. The placement is great but is a bit of a reach when setting destinations etc. I am using a BMW mount that I bought from a friend for cheap. Works great, but replaced the safety screw with a bigger top for ease of tightening. Got the screw from Rick Mayer at last years national.

I bought the OEM bar and clamp plate for the Navigator. It accomplishes the same thing but blends in and is sturdier.

Back