• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rite of Spring Ride Part 2

Nice to meet all. Glad the ride went well. The Air Museum is well worth the trip. We spent a good 3 hours there and I could of stayed longer, but majority rules. Went to the bean today on a ride with the RI club that I did not think I would be able to attend. Seemed even hotter than yesterday. Still better than cold. Later.

Yup, great day for a ride, and yeah, the heat was a bit much for this early in the season.

I had to bail as we were getting into Springfield, too much heat and too little water, I was developing a nasty headache. Still took me a good 1 1/2 hours plus to get back home on the slab from where I broke off, just couldn't take any more of the traffic light stop and go in the heat and full riding gear, next time I'll wear the mesh jacket with removable liner to avoid meltdown.

I'd still like to do the other half of the route back to Cracker Barrel from the lunch stop, it's still in my GPS and might be a good one for the fall!

Back