• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

K1300GT Wiring Diagram

JerryAttrick

I like to have good shop manuals for bikes I own - even BMWs that never break. So I bought the pricey DVD from BMW Motorrad, and thought I was all set up.
But tonight I went browsing through it for the wiring diagram (so I could hook up some aux lights) and no such luck!
Does anyone know how you get the wiring diagram for these bikes?

Good question - I was wondering if BMW has a wiring diagram CD

What are you trying to get off of the wiring a trigger signal for a relay?

Update - Clymer has a manual for the K1200 wedge series, so I ordered one of those. (I'm assuming that they didn't completely rethink the wiring color codes during the 1200/1300 update.)
What this is all about is a major farkling exercise involving a fuse block, accessory outlets, and enough LEDs to be seen from deep space.
BTW, somewhere in the forum I saw someone using a NON-contact DC voltage sensor to find live wires, but I can't remember where. I have the AC version of the same device, and it is wonderful. Any clue on a source?

Non-contact DC sensor

Found it!
See Amazon.com for "Mastech DC & AC Non-contact Voltage Detector, DCY25".
Don't know how good it is, but at $14.20 delivered, how bad could it be?

Update - Clymer has a manual for the K1200 wedge series, so I ordered one of those. (I'm assuming that they didn't completely rethink the wiring color codes during the 1200/1300 update.)
What this is all about is a major farkling exercise involving a fuse block, accessory outlets, and enough LEDs to be seen from deep space.
BTW, somewhere in the forum I saw someone using a NON-contact DC voltage sensor to find live wires, but I can't remember where. I have the AC version of the same device, and it is wonderful. Any clue on a source?

Jerry,
Luis (Semper Fi) has a gr8 DIY for wiring, if you are using a fuseblock it will be a snap. No need to tap into a hotwire, go to the battery with the fuseblock, and add farkles from there. I used my GPS wire in front of the battery for LED's(not much draw, and they auto-off after 30 seconds.
Good Luck

I like to have good shop manuals for bikes I own - even BMWs that never break. So I bought the pricey DVD from BMW Motorrad, and thought I was all set up.
But tonight I went browsing through it for the wiring diagram (so I could hook up some aux lights) and no such luck!
Does anyone know how you get the wiring diagram for these bikes?

BMW used to sell an Electrical Circuit Diagram CD. Mine is part number 06 73 7 713 999, is dated 07/2007, and covers all models from 1993 to 2007. However, I haven't seen anything like it for sale lately.

is this the one you are looking at? clymer the note says "*This manual does not cover transverse mounted four-cylinder models."

Wrong Clymer

You are right - it's not the earlier wedge. (I need to add "transverse" to my active vocabulary.) Still, the color codes are probably similar. Mental note - test before cutting.
The reason I need more than the excellant DIY articles is that some of the add-ons will be tapped into turn signal or head light circuits.

Good question - I was wondering if BMW has a wiring diagram CD

What are you trying to get off of the wiring a trigger signal for a relay?

They do.
Up to 1993, part number 06 72 7 694 500
'93 to 2006, part number 06 73 7 703 031
and there is one later one that goes from '03 to 2008.
All the bikes, including authority models are in all cd's. They did cost something like $60 each or so.

BMW used to sell an Electrical Circuit Diagram CD. Mine is part number 06 73 7 713 999, is dated 07/2007, and covers all models from 1993 to 2007. However, I haven't seen anything like it for sale lately.

I think that is the one between the '06 and the '08 one...obviously. There is probably a newer one now. The later ones have been coming out every year or so.

I don't know. The dealer here closed the door, so I am not getting the info any longer. I was about to buy a 1300S but was waiting for them to figure out how to keep them running...heh. But then the dealer closed. So maybe next year or so. Kind of waiting for a black one too. I guess I'll have to go to Indy or St. Louis. Too far to commute and part time though.

Back