Thread: Flashers

GSjerry

Flashers

I have a 2007 G650 XCountry. I am a Moto referee for USA Cycling and I need flashers which the bike doesn't have. I am considering mounting an accessory toggle switch on the handlebars and running a jumper to the wire going to the turn signal lamps that, when switched, would cause all 4 lamps to flash when I turned on a left turn signal, for example. Anybody have any helpful hints on this subject?

Thanks,

Jerry Shere

does that bike have the can-bus single wire technology like the GS? if so you may be able to make your lights flash like the GS does in parade mode.

GSjerry
    As far as I know, it does not. My local dealer has suggested that I create a jumper between left and right hot wires from the switch. That way when a ground is created, all 4 lights will flash. I'll try it and report back.

Don't forget your towel
    You might try here:https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=4

If they have a module to fit your bike I think you'll be good to go.
    Steve
    "...your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride" A. Bourdain

GSjerry

Flasher

Well, after a lot of advice including my local dealer. I have a solution to the flasher issue. My dealer suggested a switch that would create a jump from the blu/red to the blu/blk at the switch. Interestingly that simply defaulted to the LH turn signal no matter where the switch was set L or R. However, if I jump those same two wires out at either the front or rear lamps, I get all four flashing at the same time at the same frequency. I plan to use a simple two pole switch that will make or break the jump. Nothing KisanTech.com had would work. They were very responsive and helpful though.
    Cheers,
    Jerry

The lack of a hazard type flasher is interesting. My wife's '05 F650GS has a separate switch between the fork mounts which includes a switch for hazards and the ABS. It's almost like they added it as an afterthought.
    Dallas
    2011 R1200GS Adventure
    Smoke Grey Metallic Matt

GSjerry

flashers

I used my flashers this weekend by jumping the hot wires for the rear lamps under the seat while refereeing a bicycle race. It worked perfectly. Now I'm going to install a handelbar mounted "doo-dad" switch which will give me easy access. Sort of like a normal bike. I'll do all of this when I install my new RG Tail Tidy. I'll try to post some pics when I'm done.