• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Big Mak Tank Bag for 2002 R1150RT

JochenWoern

Anyone know WHERE to purchase a Big Mak Explorer XL Tank Bag for my RT?

Cycle Gadgets does no longer carry them and I looked at the Big Mak website @ http://www.bigmakaccess.com/ and there is nothing posted there as to how to order, prices, etc.? Anyone know the cost of this bag?

I can also get an original BMW Bag, part # 716 023 426 77 brand new on craigslist in my area for 200 bucks, but I am a bit torn in regards to all the straps one has to fight with everytime when it is time to gas up.

Thanks, any help out there would be appreciated.

I've been using the big mak for 5 years now. Went to there site. There is a phone number to call at the bottom of the site. Try giving it a call. I like the bag a lot, especially at fuel up time. Good luck...

Spoke to Mark at Big Mak today (very nice guy who seems to know what he is talking about) and ordered the Explorer Tank Bag, including Tank Bracket, Map Case and Cover, all for $259.99

Mark is currently running a special, 20% off and FREE shipping, can't beat that.

I hope I will be happy with my purchase once it arrives here.

Thanks r11rs94

I also use the Gas receipt holder which attaches to the bottom of the bag, the map holder, and the bottle holder. All work well in my opinion. Good luck with yours. Post a photo after you install it.

Anyone know WHERE to purchase a Big Mak Explorer XL Tank Bag for my RT?

Cycle Gadgets does no longer carry them and I looked at the Big Mak website @ http://www.bigmakaccess.com/ and there is nothing posted there as to how to order, prices, etc.? Anyone know the cost of this bag?

I can also get an original BMW Bag, part # 716 023 426 77 brand new on craigslist in my area for 200 bucks, but I am a bit torn in regards to all the straps one has to fight with everytime when it is time to gas up.

Thanks, any help out there would be appreciated.

Nice bike,I also just got an 02 RT in Silver.Gettin used to it real quick,and lovin it.:dance

Thanks r11rs94, I will certainly post a pic once the bag is on the bike.

froggy, thanks for the compliment on the bike, I as well am LOVIN' it, .... BIG TIME!

Nice bike,I also just got an 02 RT in Silver.Gettin used to it real quick,and lovin it.:dance

The Big Mak Explorer Tank Bag showed up today and I as well am pretty happy. Istallation was a breeze, no sweat at all.

Have not used it as of yet, since it showed up after I returned from a 100 mile ride, so I will have to try it out next time.

As requested, I am attaching some pics here after installation. I think it looks pretty good.

Pic1, more to follow.

Attachments

• BIGMAK1.JPG
    BIGMAK1.JPG
    117.6 KB · Views: 3,676
Pic5

Hopefully the pictures will help in regards to deciding if one likes the Big Mak. I know it helped me tremendously.

Attachments

• BIGMAK5.JPG
    BIGMAK5.JPG
    145.4 KB · Views: 6,941
Is Big Mak Accesorries still in business?

I called and e-mailed a few times and no response, anyone know if they are still in business, etc?

I understand that Big Mak went out of business. That's a shame because it made nice tank bags.

For those that own a Big MakÔÇölike the one pictured aboveÔÇöany idea where I can find a waterproof cover for it?

I planned on buying a new Stealth SS (small) bag, I've waited to long if they are out of bussiness. Bought mine in'03 and the small one stays on the bike except when touring,I also have the Large and XL. The small one works fine it's just faded to greyish charcoal .

It's such a good design. I am surprised that no one else makes one like it. I will just keep repairing mine until I find something else that works as well. I love fueling up the bike without having to get off of the bike.

I have one on my 2002 RTP and love it. When the stitching started falling apart soon after buying the bag from Mark, Mark sent me a brand new bag without my having to ask, and let me return the old bag on the honor system.

I recommended his bags to everyone looking for a functional tank bag that doesn't touch the paint and doesn't interfere with fueling, and I was saddened when I learned Mark is no longer in the tank bag business.

The bags are top-notch, Mark's customer service was perfect, and I loved recommending the bags to other riders.

You'd think someone would be producing a similar product, considering how useful the "Big Mak" bags are.

A few months ago he contacted me and said that he is "temporarily" out of business but plans to restart some time in the future. No specific date!!!

Back