• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Including pictures to forum posts

578187199_egBdp-L.jpg

Facebook

Can we use a Facebook URL for posting pictures. I tried it and it did not work. I am pretty I did it correctly.

Thanks
Scott

I'm not sure about Facebook. Looking at the image address you've got there, it appears that you copied the address of the page the image was on. What you need to do is open the page the image is on, right-click on the image (control-click on a Mac with an older mouse) and select "Copy Image Address" (the text may be different on a PC, but you want to be copying the image, not the link). Let me try one:

11041_1246770204859_1097545861_773088_8294965_n.jpg

Okay, I can see that (how do I know I can see it before I've posted this? I clicked "Preview Post"; I use that a lot), but the image is cached in my browser. The question is whether anyone else can see it. I'll post this, clear my cache, log out of Facebook, quit my browser, and see what I can see.

EDIT: Yeah, I can still see it. So it seems like linking from Facebook works.

Last edited:
test

Wow, I did it! Even figured out how to change the size of the picture..................
look out, here I come.

P7220001-M.jpg

Last edited:
Confusion reigns!

I use photobucket as my photo sharing website and it works with other sites, such as advrider which has the yellow mountain icon to link photobucket photos to the message I'm creating on advrider. But the instructions in the link to the first posting in this thread gives the instruction to use the yellow mountain icon (that works with advrider.com), but that icon is not present, that I can see, when I'm trying to create an ad in the MOA website. Am I missing something? Thanks.

I use photobucket as my photo sharing website and it works with other sites, such as advrider which has the yellow mountain icon to link photobucket photos to the message I'm creating on advrider. But the instructions in the link to the first posting in this thread gives the instruction to use the yellow mountain icon (that works with advrider.com), but that icon is not present, that I can see, when I'm trying to create an ad in the MOA website. Am I missing something? Thanks.
This is a newer version of VB so- you would use the image that looks like a framed picture.....just to the left of the image that looks like a piece of "film". I'm not sure on what you mean by "ad" on the site here. If it's something that is an ad, the place for that to appear is in the Members Opportunities section. If you need help- let me know.
Gary

Thanks,

I am speaking of placing flea market ads. Photobucket is able to link a photo when I'm creating an ad in advrider, by using the yellow mountain icon but that apparently isn't how photos in moa flea market ads are added. I'll continue looking for a solution. Thanks.
p.s. market opportunities forum doesn't have anything that I find helpful.

The idea of the "mountain" icon might be outdated for an older version of the forum software. Currently, if you want to add a picture to a post in the forum, you use the paperclip icon at the top of the post composing window.

But in the Flea Market, it appears it's different. The Flea Market is a custom add-on and is not necessarily related to the forum. It appears that as you create your ad for the Flea Market, you use the feature to browse for a photo on your computer and then upload the photo per the instructions. I don't know that there's a way to link a photo from another on-line photo sharing website. If you have the photos in a specific area within your photos on that website, you can put in the URL to that folder and the shoppers will be able to click on your link and see your photos. Some people tend to do that...upload one photo but provide a link to see additional photos if interested.

I'm not that savvy with those photo sharing sites...I know they have buttons to click on that develops a URL for that specific photo which then you can paste into messages...maybe you can do it that way. Typically, those URLs will start with "
" (without the quotes) and in the middle is the web address for the photor.

Thanks,

I am speaking of placing flea market ads. Photobucket is able to link a photo when I'm creating an ad in advrider, by using the yellow mountain icon but that apparently isn't how photos in moa flea market ads are added. I'll continue looking for a solution. Thanks.
p.s. market opportunities forum doesn't have anything that I find helpful.
Yes, the flea market is a whole separate end of things. As Kurt mentioned, you will have to feel your way on through. OM

Jason -

I'm not familiar with the tools on snapfish, but the URL associated with the image you tried to upload takes me to a page which I think contains the picture you wanted to post...but it contains info about joining, printing, etc. See the attached picture. I would recheck the tools area on snapfish or go to their help section to find out what you need to do to provide a direct link (possibly called a "hot link") to your photo.

Attachments

• Jason-snapfish.jpg
    Jason-snapfish.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 54
Back