• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who,s up 4 Tech Day in MO.

froggy

Been with the club since Jan. and just watched the delivery of my first BMW.It was a long delivery(3 days of contractions ...er waiting on my part).I am now a proud father of an Silver 2002 RT.:dance
But to more inportant things...
I have noticed many states having Tech Days at a members house andhave always thought it a great idea,but I have not seen one here in MO. Now granted I have only been watching this sight since July of last year and yet I have not noticed anyone donating there house and time 4 a great chance to meet and greet:dance,and maybe a little sampling of some of our MO. wines (ok beer to).
I am here and now offering up my garage and driveway for such an event. It is a 3 car garage and plenty of driveway for what I hope will be a large gathering. I still have a large assortment of mech. tools from when I was a mechanic in my UTE. Plus a commercial grade fan to keep the Oilheads (ok...air,oil,hex,and camheads) nice and cool during their workouts.I do not have the specialized tools though.
I live about 4 minutes away from the BMW MOA headquarters on Old State Road.
Lets talk,or thread and work out a date...hopefully one of many.
Craig

I would be up for a tech day soon. Just trying to wear down the tread first.

Tech day in MO

Great...I am going to adjust the valves and TRY to sync the TBs,and normal tune up.
I do not have a date set up yet,I am hoping to get more people involved. I will also have to purchase something to balance the TBs 4 the first time.
The more bikes we get the free'er the alcohol will flow.:bottle

There was an airhead tech day in Lake St Louis recently, that I missed. :cry

But, I'll lurk in the shadows if you host a tech day. I've got special tools for airheads, and a little tinkering experience.

There was an airhead tech day in Lake St Louis recently, that I missed. :cry

But, I'll lurk in the shadows if you host a tech day. I've got special tools for airheads, and a little tinkering experience.

The more heads we have,even AIR Heads,the better.
I noticed by your Avitar that U will fit right in with the drinking part.:stick

I'm not sure if I'm ready for the trip on my airhead, but I may ride up just for some knowledge if someone else is going to be wrenching. Maybe we can farkelize my RT in some way? I'd love to add some driving lights and have a Centech already. It definitely depends on the day since I have had a crazy work schedule lately.

600 miles to go 4 my 12000 service.What kind of repairs does everyone plan on doing when we finally get together?

I'd be up for a TB sync, valve adjustment, clutch bleed- but do not have a twinmax or bleed kit.

Other fluid changes could be done without additional tools.

John

TB balance and valve adjust are what I am doing too.I am hoping to find the tool to balance the TBs 4 sale on this site soon,and tools to adjust valves is no problem.The clutch flush I will already have done. Far as I can tell this bike has never had its brakes flushed.So I am going to have that part done by a pro.
:banghead

New update.I am up to 11500...will not B long now.I gues we will have to try and set a date that everyone can make it to.:thumb

Doing a tech day for the rest of the week. Going to replace tires. Got my new tools I just got to figure out how to use them.

I am finding it is difficult to work out an opening in June and July also.I may have to baby the RT until August 4 the 12000 also:blush

Just an update to keep this going.August or early Sep.is now looking good.Never thought I would be sooo busy with the kids.:hungover

Now maybe Sept. or Oct.... Two Rally's coming up (Trail of Tears,and Falling Leaf)that I am going to.
I will get this Tech Day in before the end of the year...maybe:blush

Back