Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Corbin seat or BMW comfort seat?

09 F650GS, 08 Suzuki Band

thanks Walt... you liking that Touring Shield?

Quote Originally Posted by Motowalt View Post
    Over the years I've had good luck with Corbin and Sargent on various bikes.

For the F800 I'm going to try to modify it myself with help from the website below:

http://www.diymotorcycleseat.com

and here's another possibility...

http://www.stromtrooper.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=48922

If it doesn't work out, I can always have the seat reworked professionally.
    I'll look into this suggestion!

Ballston Spa, NY; South of the Adirondacks, North of the Catskills and West of The Berkshires and Green Mountains
    I have a Corbin on my 09 GS F Twin. Very comfy indeed.

Jack Herbst
    Just put on the new BMW comfort seat for the 650/800 GS twins but have not had a chance to ride on it yet. It looks good and wide for both the passenger and rider. Cost plus shipping was $368. I think list is some where around $450.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Just put on the new BMW comfort seat for the 650/800 GS twins but have not had a chance to ride on it yet. It looks good and wide for both the passenger and rider. Cost plus shipping was $368. I think list is some where around $450.

Jack
    Jack, I'm really eager to hear your input on it - get out and ride man!

Norm

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    Jack, I'm really eager to hear your input on it - get out and ride man!

Norm
    Hey Norm, Just road 200 miles on the new comfort seat and am very pleased. I had the low seat before. Very nice upgrade for the pillion also.

JACK

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Hey Norm, Just road 200 miles on the new comfort seat and am very pleased. I had the low seat before. Very nice upgrade for the pillion also.

JACK
    Jack, I'm glad to hear that. I may order a Corbin one of these days. Wanna sell that low seat to me if you are no longer using it? I'm inseam challenged and could use all the help I can get in that regard.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by chelseaboy View Post
    Jack, I'm glad to hear that. I may order a Corbin one of these days. Wanna sell that low seat to me if you are no longer using it? I'm inseam challenged and could use all the help I can get in that regard.

Norm
    Norm,

Once you make the change to a Mayer, Russel, BMW Comfort, Corbin, or ???, it would be nice if you could post an eval once you've put a few miles on the new addition...

On the boards I participate on, there are often queries like your's, but feedback after the change seems rare. Thanks...

Hope your weather today was as nice as ours!!!

Cheers, Bill J

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Norm,

Once you make the change to a Mayer, Russel, BMW Comfort, Corbin, or ???, it would be nice if you could post an eval once you've put a few miles on the new addition...

On the boards I participate on, there are often queries like your's, but feedback after the change seems rare. Thanks...

Hope your weather today was as nice as ours!!!

Cheers, Bill J
    I love my new BMW Comfort Seat on my twin GS. My factory new seat is now for sale. 520-360-0055

Jack Herbst
    [QUOTE=Ridealot;566902]I wouldn't buy either of the seats you listed. The comfort seat really isn't, and I have made the Corbin mistake enough times that I have finally learned. Never again!

I did buy a Sargent for my 09 F650GS. And it I would buy again in a heartbeat.[/QUOTE
    ] I have the BMW comfort seat and am very happy with it. I doubt if you really have sat on a "factory BMW Comfort Seat". Don't get it confused with the "low seat". They are realitively new and are very very comfortable. I just installed one on my RT also and it too is very comfortable. Just returned from a 600 mile test.

It is $150 less than a Sargent with a small discount.

JACK

Corbin problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Ridealot View Post
    I wouldn't buy either of the seats you listed. The comfort seat really isn't, and I have made the Corbin mistake enough times that I have finally learned. Never again!

I did buy a Sargent for my 09 F650GS. And it I would buy again in a heartbeat.
    I bought my '07 RT used. It has a custom Russell saddle (2 piece). It has decent support and is reasonably comfy...but the seam between the 2 pieces lands at exactly the wrong place on my butt/lower back, and I get a strip of numbness inside an hour.

I have a Corbin on my '96 Trophy - 100k on it and only a small rip. It took a bit of break-in, but has been a winner ever since. I'm curious about your "never again, Corbin" comment. I'm thinking seriously about the new Corbin low 1-piece saddle for my RT and I'd love to know about the issues you've had before I buy. Mayer sounds great but it's a little steep for me right now. Thanks!
    G Spot
    '07 R1200RT
    "Get busy living or get busy dying"
    The 'G' Spot: talesfromthegspot.blogspot.com