• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Ginger or Maryanne?

Gerbing, liner, and Free Will

KARLO said:
Gerbings or Whidder? Vest or liner? Free Will or Determinism?
K.
Ain't no "h" in Widder.
That said, I favor a Gerbing liner because my arms get cold too. I've owned several Gerbing products and also had them wire the liner of my FirstGear TKO jacket - they're a first-rate company with excellent products and service.
Widder may be equally good, but I have no experience with them.

Maryanne

Maryanne for sure.
I have no experience with Widder prooducts so I am not offering an opinion on which is better just what I have.
I have the Gerbing jacket liner and am very pleased. It is light weight and not restrictive. When I need heat it is there in spades. I prefer the liner vs vest to keep my arms warm. If you go with a jacket liner resist the temptation to go larger for perceived comfort. The more form fitting the liner the better heat transfer to your body. If you plan on using heated gloves at some point ensure you get the liner that is wired to plug in the gloves. If I recall there two types of wiring offered.

Maryanne

My Widder vest was OK, but the theory was "If you keep your core warm, your arms will stay warm, too." That just didn't work for me. You can't wear a Gerbing jacket without a rheostat... it gets too hot! The jacket and gloves combination works well on my K1200RS.

Dang!

merrittgene said:
On cold days, Maryanne wears a Gerbings liner of her own free will.
:rofl That's too funny. If we still had the reputation button, I'd give you a positive click!

Maryanne for sure

It was 29 degrees when I left the house this morning. The Gerbing jacket/liner did a fine job of keeping me warm.

Back