• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Being vertically challenged... I added heels to my boots

kthkern

IMG_1251-2.jpg

I was insecure not being able to flat-foot my F800ST .... this worked!

Kathy

Welcome to the vertically challenged club! Short female riders rule! :groovy

LOL! I am also short, but I've learned to adapt. I can get the left foot down flat while keeping right foot on the brake pedal. Only time my short legs get the better of me is when trying to back up on loose, uneven, or uphill ground.

How does that heel work for you? I once owned a pair of Cruiserworks boots but quickly learned that the heel would always catch on the footpeg, not letting me slide my foot forward enough to brake or shift the bike. They were shortlived in my closet. I like motorcycle boots that don't have a 90-degree cut where the heel meets the sole. :bikes

I have a pair of Redwings with heels. It's never
been a problem getting to the brake or shifter,
but my feet are probably longer than yours
(mens 10.5 ~ womens 12).

If the extra height is a help you might think about
having the front of the heel cut back and/or beveled.

mXa

Welcome to the vertically challenged club! Short female riders rule! :groovy

LOL! I am also short, but I've learned to adapt. I can get the left foot down flat while keeping right foot on the brake pedal. Only time my short legs get the better of me is when trying to back up on loose, uneven, or uphill ground.

How does that heel work for you? I once owned a pair of Cruiserworks boots but quickly learned that the heel would always catch on the footpeg, not letting me slide my foot forward enough to brake or shift the bike. They were shortlived in my closet. I like motorcycle boots that don't have a 90-degree cut where the heel meets the sole. :bikes

All of the above are issues!

I pay close attention to the slope of the land. I can't muscle the bike back because when I am standing on the bike.... most of my weight is still on the bike. I once parked on gravel on level land... and was stuck! My riding buddies were amused and had a chuckle before they gave me a push! Most of my riding is solo... so I am very aware!

I am used to the heel... I have learned how it fits on the footpeg... sooner or later I may get "real motorcycle boots" and have "lifts" put in/on to give me the needed height.

As long as it works for you, that's what matters!

Thanks for sharing.

Voni
sMiling

Boots that give a lift

I just bought a 2007 R1200RT. With the low seat I can flat foot it if I'm wearing hiking boots with a thick sole. I've been looking for regular riding boots, waterproof if possible, with thick soles and haven't found them. I did find some Gaerne boots with a high heal, G-Dinah. Kind of pricey but if they give me the extra lift I need it might be worth it. Has anyone tried them?

Here is a link to take a look at the boots.

www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/2/45/18825/ITEM/Gaerne-Womens-G-Donah

Mary
2007 R1200RT

I had my soles raised about 3/8" to compensate for my 28" inseam. Just enough that it doesn't affect walking with theses boots.

Be aware when buying motorcycle boots, that not all boots allow for replacing the sole.

I checked out the Daytona boots and they look very cool but yeah steep price tag. I found them for $449 usd

But hey, cheaper than a new lower shock.
5'2" -ish

Back