• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Change custom user text

R

REBECCAV

I like to change the text below my avatar now and then. I can't figure out how/where to do that on the new, updated forum. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

boxergrrlie said:
I like to change the text below my avatar now and then. I can't figure out how/where to do that on the new, updated forum. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Click User CP
Click Edit Profile

The box containing the text will be right there.

Save it and you're done.

That's just it - the box isn't there. Here's what I see:

Registration Required Info:
Email and Password
MOA#
Real name

Optional:
B-Day
Home Page
IM

Add'l Info:
MOA Clubs
Bio
Interests
Job

It doesn't show my current custom user text anywhere, and it doesn't give me the option to change it :dunno Where do you see it? What is it under?

Hey boxergrrlie,

I have been looking too, and haven't found it either.
RatSnake said:
Click User CP
Click Edit Profile

The box containing the text will be right there.

Save it and you're done.
Right there where, RatSnake. :dunno It's not there in my profile. How about some help here. KBasa, are you there. :idea

I can't find a link to load a custom avitar in the new system either. :dunno

tb

Looks like all the features aren't enabled for everyone, because I also have the option to load a custom avatar.

Change skin

Hey boxergrrlie

I think I found it. RatSnake may be right about activation. When I changed my viewing skin to the K75 mode, the avitar and custom name whatever appeared. So to change your avitar and expression, change the skin to K75, change what you want, and then change back if you wish.

Think this will work, and I'll try it now. Look for my avitar to be a red R1100RSA as the change.

tb
:thumb

RatSnake said:
Looks like all the features aren't enabled for everyone, because I also have the option to load a custom avatar.

Should be there for everybody, since everybody's a registered user.

I have it under User CP->Edit Profile

Ooppsss

No, it didn't work. :banghead
It looked so different that I thought I saw something that wasn't there. :doh
I do get the edit avitar path to the standards but no way to upload a new one. I'd like to change my expression eventually too, as I will not always be "waiting for spring" Something else would be appropriate by April.

tb

Nope!

KBasa said:
Should be there for everybody, since everybody's a registered user.

I have it under User CP->Edit Profile
Hey Dave,

I have under Edit Profile exactly what boxergrrlie listed in the above post. :dunno

Que Passa, KBasa??

tb

I see it, too.

Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Optional Information -> Custom User Title

...like this:

Attachments

• edit text.jpg
    edit text.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 73
merrittgene said:
Control Panel -> Edit Profile -> Optional Information -> Custom User Title

...like this:

Thanks. Now I know what it should look like, but it is still not there. The first thing in the box is a place to enter my birthday. I'd like to cut the part to post as Gene did, and tried, but don't know the technique. But believe me, it is not there. :banghead

Upload worked

Thanks Gene for the technique. I got it to work on the second try.

Again, Que Pasa, KBasa :dunno

Dave, I don't feel a particular rush to have this fixed, but if you guys could get it on your list, boxergrrlie and I would appreciate it. I didn't mean to take this over, but I needed something to do to get away from grading this stack of exams. I hope she is lurking and hoping for a solution. Thanks,

tb

S'not there

Thanks for the screen capture, Gene. Mine doesn't look like that. I've changed the skins, started and restarted the computer, etc. But mine looks like Tom's screen capture.

I have the option to load a custom avatar, but that is not under 'profile.' I have an 'edit avatar' button under 'control panel.'

:help

Just changed skins and am using a different browser. Still no dice. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Since the new forum

I've edited my profile and uploaded a custom avatar. Other than that, I didn't change anything to get the option to change my custom title. That is, unless I did something and then immediately forgot. :dunno

boxergrrlie said:
...I have the option to load a custom avatar, but that is not under 'profile.' I have an 'edit avatar' button under 'control panel.'

:help
Hey boxergrrlie and all,

I have the edit avitar button as well but here is what I get when I use it. I find no place to load a custom avitar, and yes, I have gone to the third page.

tb

Attachments

• editavitar1.jpg
    editavitar1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 49
Here is the rest of the screen. Gee, these screen captures are fun. Thanks Gene,

tb

Attachments

• editavitar2.jpg
    editavitar2.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 46
That's mighty peculiar.

I've got a bunch of stuff I should get done for work today, so I'll try and take a look at it tonight. I know that there's a setting for minimum number of posts before one can modify their custom user text, but that number should be pretty low, and I'm certain BG has surpassed the threshold.

I'll let you know what I find. The screenshots were enormously helpful, guys, thanks.

:thumb

Back