• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

for airplane lovers

LOL ... man after my own heart. :clap

After I got to the Hanger floor to see the MiG-17 Irealized just on the other side of the -17 was a MiG-21. Both were fully operational and quite clean. As a former USAF Crew Chief I figured I would never get that close to either aircraft. It was an interesting day!!!

Came across this monument on a back road while riding today. The field looks like it would have made a great runway.

i-7JLnmXQ-X2.jpg

i-cDV6xTp-XL.jpg

While you can't read the names here, this the International Aviators' Shrine, at the Mission Inn in Riverside CA. The wall and chapel have been visited by a lot of the giants in Aviation. People like Yeager, Douglas, Lindbergh, ÔÇ£HapÔÇØ Arnold, Earhart, John Glenn, Rickenbacker; well you get the picture. Not an airplane in sight, just the people who made flying great...

Attachments

• DSC04800.jpg
    DSC04800.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 341
I spent a few years working on the F-100 before moving on to the F-111.

Scanned-Image-9-L.jpg

Thanks Steve , I have never worked on any aircraft but saw these up close as a friend of my fathers was in the NM air guard when they had them.

f-100-4.jpg

Mike

Thanks Steve , I have never worked on any aircraft but saw these up close as a friend of my fathers was in the NM air guard when they had them.

f-100-4.jpg

Mike

When I came back from Vietnam in 1969 I was assigned to Cannon AFB in Clovis, NM. The Air Force (and Cannon AFB) was phasing out the F-100 and transitioning to the F-111.

When I came back from Vietnam in 1969 I was assigned to Cannon AFB in Clovis, NM. The Air Force (and Cannon AFB) was phasing out the F-100 and transitioning to the F-111.

Well , sorry you had to be in Clovis. Always windy there.

Mike

Well , sorry you had to be in Clovis. Always windy there.

Mike

As I remember, I didn't mind the wind so much...as long as it blew from the right direction. There were feed yards on three sides of town, so if the wind blew from any direction, other than prevailing, the smell would knock you over.

Clovis is miserable... and that smell is still there. The F-16 guys were happy to get out of there, but now the AF special forces are there getting to enjoy it.

"Puff, the magic Dragon" working between Bien Hoa AFB & Long Bien Army base in 1968 (less than five miles total distance).

Scanned-Image-1-XL.jpg

Back