• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

for airplane lovers

Picture of #2 in a 3-ship training flight.

That was a fun day...beautiful weather...light winds... birds well below us...

My son is an instructor on the C-17. I have flown the simulator. Terrific airplane!

Old airline pilot,
Jack

In 2005 and 2006, I lived in London, doing an SAP project for my employer (Big Oil company with a pectin for an emblem..). My dad took me up in a Cessna 150 for the first in about 1970. Been mad crazy for airplanes ever since, and ended up as a flight mechanic doing search and rescue in the US Coast Guard. Pop was a CG vet, and for his 75th birthday, I flew him to London to visit, and took him to the old RAF base at Duxford, and got him a ride in a De Havilland Tiger Moth. The pilot was great, and let him take the stick for quite a bit of tDad's trip to Duxford 025.jpghe flight. he was seriously pumped!

Glider antics at former RAF Biggin Hill

Went to an airshow back in 2006 at what was once RAF Biggin Hill outside London. There was a glider aerobatic act on the schedule. Didn't notice at first the tow plane was an Extra 300 until he rolled inverted while pulling the glider. Not long after, they were BOTH inverted....darnedest thing I have ever seen at an airshow.

Attachments

• Biggin Hill.jpg
    Biggin Hill.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 473
For Glider Fans...

... <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/58L3m0dqVDY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Now that the Geoffrey DeHavilland's toy box is open, here are my favorite Wooden Wonders;

The 365 mph DH.98Mosquito fighter/bomber.
2121L.jpg

and it's little 472 mph, single-seat brother,

DH.103 Hornet (often referred to as two Spitfires flying in very close formation)
798px-De_Havilland_Hornet_F1.jpg

Lockheed Jetstar

Man you just got my heart beat up. That is a Lockheed Jetstar, Military Version was called a T40 I believe. I flew the Civilian Version L1329 with later Garrett Fan Jet Engines for five years. Was based in Honolulu for a while and made several Pacific and Atlantic crossings with it. It was a joy to fly and the most stable platform you could imagine. Thanks for posting. Also for your information that aircraft was the first four engine swept wing aircraft FAA certificated. Even before the Boeing 707.

Thanks for the info...it just has that built for speed look size wise. They just opened the ranch and Western White House residence, well about 3-4 years ago it seems. The jet had been mothballed out of sight until then.

Dc-3

A few years ago I got to take a ground school and get some time in a DC-3. For a little tailwheel airplane pilot like me, sitting 16' above the ground in the cockpit while taxiing a DC-3 was pretty exciting. I got to fly it around for about half an hour and do some touch and go wheel landings before a full stop and taxi back. It was a fun experience.

They just opened the ranch and Western White House residence, well about 3-4 years ago it seems. The jet had been mothballed out of sight until then.

We've taken the tour several times, but not since they opened the residence, or put the jet on display.
Looks like it's time for another tour.
Too bad they discontinued guided tours.

They still had a guided tour...mostly the house I believe. The visitor center and garage area is free

Any landing you can walk away from....even if you have to climb to the ground before walking away :whistle

Attachments

• plane crash.jpg
    plane crash.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 311
Back