• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Watch that curve at the 'Dragon'!

Wow. That's one lucky guy (and dog).

I wonder if the officer was in the process of setting up flares or cones before that hapless driver plowed into that pile...

Intentional blindness?? That guy shares the road with us riders...:help :bluduh

The camera allowed us (viewers) a very limited view of the road preceding the rockslide. It's pretty easy to sit and "armchair quarterback" from our side of the computer screen, without really being able to see the whole picture.
Who knows, there might have been a good 70 mph sweeper right before.....
Certainly looks like a Darwin Award though! LOL

Intentional blindness?? That guy shares the road with us riders...:help :bluduh

My thoughts exactly !!!! Watch out people, they are out there, texting, eating, reading, shaving, applying make-up, you name it. They do everything but DRIVE!!!

My thoughts exactly !!!! Watch out people, they are out there, texting, eating, reading, shaving, applying make-up, you name it. They do everything but DRIVE!!!

Sadly so true...:bluduh

That guy is an idiot and too many of these morons "share" the road.....I wish that the US had better drivers-ed than just a block around K-Mart...

The camera allowed us (viewers) a very limited view of the road preceding the rockslide. It's pretty easy to sit and "armchair quarterback" from our side of the computer screen, without really being able to see the whole picture.
Who knows, there might have been a good 70 mph sweeper right before.....
Certainly looks like a Darwin Award though! LOL

That section of road is the ENTRANCE to the Dragon. It runs along the lake just past foothills parkway. It is straight as an arrow.

Did you guys notice the MOOBS* on this guy?

*edited at the fine suggestion of rdalland!

Last edited:
Did you guys notice the moobs on this guy?

Fixed...

501130069_gtCVv-M.gif

Apparently, he saw the camera crew on the side of the road, then was watching them and wondering what they were doing there.:dunno

It didn't take him long to figure it out.

What a dumbs**t!
I hope he has sufficient undercarriage damage to keep his incompetent a** off the road!

From the 'Tail of the Dragon' web site..

ROCK SLIDE UPDATE March 29, 2010: The rock slide on US 129 is located between the Dragon and Happy Valley Road/Foothills Parkway. US 129 has been closed at the TN/NC State Line by Tennessee making the Dragon itself inaccessable. TDOT has posted a date of July 31 for reopening, but a bonus will be awarded the clean-up if completed by July 1. We will post the latest information here so keep in touch. The only alternatives are the Cherohala Skyway and US 441 through the Great Smoky Mountains.

Deals Gap

Rode my new R1200RT to deals gap last week. You can ride the entire run from the Deals Gap camp ground / store to a new turn around area that has been built for people with cars and RV's that can't read the detour signs on the way up to the Gap. It's great for motorcyclist because of less traffic. I love My new RT.

Back