Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 100,000 mile award question

Mendocino, CA USA about as far left as you can get in the lower 48

Keeping track

Also, for Ridealot, California and most other states if not all, require that the current mileage is recorded when a change of ownership occurs. So, that should be your starting point for each BMW bike you own or both start and end points for bikes you have owned in the past. When I submitted my forms, my dealer took my estimate and essentially did a quick verification with their service records and glanced at the current bike's odometer for good measure, but they pretty much trusted me. They processed both awards happily and took photos of the owner handing me my certificate and medallion each time!
    Jim Douglas '00 K1200RS >138,000 miles -- Black, 01/10/2000 to present
    Gone: White '09 K1300S sold @ 22k mi, Black '93 K1100RS traded @ 78k mi, Red '85 K100RS sold @ 44k mi, '06 Kaw 650R chrome yellow track bike sold http://www.seagullbb.com/

Most dealers know about the BMW Motorrad USA awards and are happy to get them and present them.

Here is Voni getting her 900,000 mile award from Mike Jones at Engle Motors in Kansas City.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

3 Red Bricks
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Most dealers know about the BMW Motorrad USA awards and are happy to get them and present them.

Here is Voni getting her 900,000 mile award from Mike Jones at Engle Motors in Kansas City.
    That CAN"T be Voni. That lady has BLACK pants on.

LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

Quote Originally Posted by Voni View Post
    Lonestar BMW in Austin, TX had a fun time highlighting their high mileage riders at the Holiday Open House last December:

http://www.lonestarcycle.com/highmile.htm

Voni
    sMiling
    that is a bunch of heavy hitters in that group, lemme tell ya!
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

MY dealer in Las Vegas was aware of the program, but we (as far as I know) were the first to apply. It took seven months to get the award back from BMW, but I did finally get it...Here is Peter Vanderhofft ( owner of BMW of Las Vegas) presenting us with the award. My bike is a 1991 K100RS.

Steven
    BMWMOA #69791
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by crapdealerbob View Post
    MY dealer in Las Vegas was aware of the program, but we (as far as I know) were the first to apply. It took seven months to get the award back from BMW, but I did finally get it...Here is Peter Vanderhofft ( owner of BMW of Las Vegas) presenting us with the award. My bike is a 1991 K100RS.

Steven
    BMWMOA #69791
    Look at Voni's! All nice and framed. Did you at least get a rubber band so you could roll it up like a poster?

Pretty cool achievement. I have only approx 98,000 miles to go for my first.
    Rob R
    1994 K75 My first bike.

What program are we discussing? Total miles on a bike? By a rider? By a rider on a particular bike?

It seems to me that if you get your 6K services done at the dealer, then he'd have a record of it. Assuming you bought your bike new, when you take it in for the 102K service then, bingo, they know you have 100,000 miles. Or is that too simplistic?

Or are we talking about that annual mileage contest?
    Grant
    '05 R1200GS
    Former owner of an '03 R1150R
    BMWMOA #113847

who brings their bike in for 100,000 miles of oil changes and valve checks?

Lifetime miles on BMWs is the award.
    i just tell my local dealer what i've ridden on what bikes, never had an issue. It's not like people are going to be scamming the truth to get this award. someone would lie to themself and others about their bike riding history for that? really?
    i suspect that Motorad feels the same way/
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots