• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Newbie lookin' at an'07 with over 151k miles

I couldn't wait any longer. I felt like a teenager again with a ridiculous crush. I was tired of waiting for the Army to get around and send me my last pay check (pretty nice one with all the last goodies attached :thumb). So, I called up a nice lady at the bank and I will finance the bike while I await my money to pay it off. :dance

I figure I still got my other bike in case this one needs some TLC at the shop every once and a while, and I won't miss out on a bike that I trust and love! Now I can't wait to have the guy in sales call me back so I can get this taken care of (and hopefully, the bike is still where I left it yesterday).

So close....

Glad to see you pulled the trigger. I am thinking that boxer will see little down time!
JD

Yeah, it won't see much down time! Thanks to Herr Wetzel for "breaking" it in! I won't be putting near that kind of mileage on it! And oh yeah, by the way Chuck, now the bike IS a She, and NOT a He! :thumb

Once ya'all thaw out up there, I will be passing through, and a stop in Des Moines would be welcome for some show and tell and coffee!

I just picked the bike up from Lone Star in Austin this afternoon, and WOW! This bike will probably wreck my marriage! I mean, I can't imagine I will want to be hanging around here very much with that wonderful machine ready to roll all over creation!

An hour and a half of interstate, back roads, hills, twisties, gettin' into the throttle! That is more than a dream bike, it is damn close to being a perfect machine in my opinion! BMW has completely changed how I think of motorcycling! I have had fun before, but now it is almost indescribable!

I look forward to riding out to as many rallies in as many states as possible now, with this amazing R1200R!

I'm still breathless and I have been home for almost 5 hours now!

T

There are few thrills like the aquisition of a new bike. It energizes you and makes life more fun, and interesting I am glad you're enjoying that fine machine!
JD

Back