• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

why should i join back up?

Sure it will. Also cures warts, prevents baldness, lowers cholesterol, and makes you irrisistible to the opposite sex. And if you renew before midnight, you will get at no extra charge, a sweepstakes ticket.

Actually on second thought if presented to the BOD and the forum people properly and you have the moderators already in place they probably would add an overeaters support forum and overdrinkers support forum. That just might bring in those new members. Probably not the younger demographic, but hey a bucks a buck. :laugh

caution ego boosting kid story ahead....
yesterday I introduced my 4 YO to Pete Egan (the writer) while we were looking at bikes at BD HD/BMW.

Sam I am didn't care he wanted to look at bikes. he likes Harleys, and bmws,
red ones,black ones and blue ones too. He likes them here, he likes them there.
lots of "oh daddy I love this one , can we buy this one for you?".

gsfornow you most likely wouldn't care for Sam I Am.

gsfornow you most likely wouldn't care for Sam I Am.

So now I must hate kids because I posted a question about why you need to ask the forum if you should spend $40 on a membership or not??? Thats kind of a stretch isn't it?

Last edited:
So now I must hate kids because I posted a question about why you need to ask the froum if you should spend $40 on a membership or not??? Thats kind of a stretch isn't it?

it was a stretch indeed...

it was a play on the "sam I am" theme I had going. its been Dr. suess week in this house as a way to celebrate his birthday, and the lessons he brings. I have a son named Sam and I thought I would include him in my post. I often do that, my children are important in my life, and a few of my old time mates on this board have inquired about them.

back to the stretch however..
I am not 100% you have ever read the book "Green eggs and Ham"
in the book there are 2 characters, actually more than 2 characters, but thats not the point of this stretch.

One is a bit of an oddball and the other is a sort of grumpy fellow not interested in trying the green eggs and ham That Sam I am wants him to try. Sam I am tries all sorts of ways to get him to try the green eggs and ham. In the end the grumpy fellow tries the green eggs and ham and enjoys it.

I did not imply that you would hate my child, I was trying to imply that maybe you should try green eggs and ham.

For the few sections in the magazine worth reading and to keep the unemployment rate in the US from increasing.

I am quite familiar with Dr. Suess, thank you. I am not sure how you can figure out if I have tasted green eggs or not from a post here. Glad you took your son to see motorcycles. I don't find it a suprise that a four year old was more interested in shinny motorcycles than meeting an old guy (just a tad older than I by the way) no matter how talented. Good name drop by the way, I was unable to talk to anyone famous yesterday to my knowledge but I did snowbaord with my son all day yesterday and this morning too. He's twenty five.

But cut to the chase here what does that have to do with renewing and did you spend the 40 bucks or not?

Actually it doesn't matter the board will either talk you into or not.

Keep taking the kids fun places, it is funny what they remember as they grow up. The most obscure seemingly trivial stuff comes back up and thats a REAL feel good moment.
maybe take the 40 bucks and start a motorcycle for the kid fund - perhaps money better spent.

Last edited:
Nothin' wrong with lookin' for a little love to know you're wanted. :love

Glad to have you back as I said before.

Hodag there are a few words that need to be said
Reason and humor around here are not dead
But too often sound asleep in some bed
I chuckled when people did not realize when you started this thread
You were again a member and playfully warning of what was ahead
Some took your frying pan and hit you up side the head
While on your green eggs and ham they heavily tread
On your return adventure weÔÇÖll merrily be led
But these few words just needed to be said.

Hodag there are a few words that need to be said
Reason and humor around here are not dead
But too often sound asleep in some bed
I chuckled when people did not realize when you started this thread
You were again a member and playfully warning of what was ahead
Some took your frying pan and hit you up side the head
While on your green eggs and ham they heavily tread
On your return adventure weÔÇÖll merrily be led
But these few words just needed to be said.

nice poem fred

I should note that Sam picked 2 motocycles he "loved" a R1200R roadster, and the HD Electra Glide super bagger with the classic custom paint job with skulls

Hodag,

Never had the pleasure of meeting you. I think you dropped off the forum before I came aboard. Welcome back! You appear to have the sort of sardonic wit that we need to enliven our forum; looking forward to hearing more from you.

Make sure you pay close attention to your grammmer and spellen... it's a tough audience here now.

I should note that Sam picked 2 motocycles he "loved" a R1200R roadster, and the HD Electra Glide super bagger with the classic custom paint job with skulls

I knew there was something I liked about that kid the first time you posted a picture of him.
:rofl

and Miss Lillie is still mad at me for selling "Big Blue" to the point that she refuses to ride with me.

Me too

Howdy. I joined up in mid-2008, but let my membership lapse after selling my bike in 2009. I just bought a 2002 R1150RS and I plan to rejoin. The magazine has lots of good stuff in it regarding rallies, club information as well as parts and accessories for BMW owners. It's probably worth the 40.00 a year. I would also like to find and join the local chapter down here in South Florida.

and Miss Lillie is still mad at me for selling "Big Blue" to the point that she refuses to ride with me.

113986163_gM8oM-Ti.jpg

That'll teach you not to P.O. the Parade Leader!

113986002_StLmw-Ti.jpg

Say hi to the forum’s favorite ballerina from all of us.

Back