• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Did anyone else go to Bike Week?

spartanbeemer

It's Happy Hour somewhere
I had two days off from work at the end of last week so I rode down to Daytona for the opening of Bike Week. I stayed at the B-Cubed campout. Great place to camp. Convenient and right off of I-95. The campground was nice and all the people were great. I want to thank the local Airheads club for hosting. I found out from one of the members that the local Airheads really run the campout. I saw some very nice old airheads and met some great people. Breakfast at the campground was enjoyable. It was nice to get a hot cup of coffee at the campout tent in the morning. The campground was quiet at night and the price for pitching a tent was reasonable. If the weather had been warmer it would have been a little better. I think it was 37 degrees with frost on the ground when I crawled out of the tent on Friday morning. I did the tourist thing on Friday with a nice ride on A1A and a visit to the Bruce Rossmeyer Destination Daytona. If you have never been to Destination Daytona then you should try it once. I think that once was enough for me but I did see some interesting sites there. If you happen to own a Harley you could get just about anything done to it while you waited. I suppose you could even get yourself a tatoo at the same time. Anyway, I also made a pilgrimage over to the local BMW dealer in Daytona. Nice place. They had a large selection of inventory. I ate some great seafood (fried oysters) at the Riverfront Seafood restaurant iin Holly Hill. At least I think that was the name of it. I packed up my tent in a light rain on Saturday morning for the trip back to upstate S.C.. I was planning to ride back home on Sunday morning but I just could not see myself hanging around all day Saturday while it rained. I had to be back at work on Monday morning. For me it is all about the ride anyway. The destination was just an excuse. Ride safe.:dance

Daytona Bike Week 2010

Hello,

I own a condominium in Daytona Beach Shores FL and was in residence during bike week.

Bike week 2010 was significantly less attended than last year and previous years. The weather did not cooperate and the temperatures most of the time were in the 40's and 50's and much rain. Sunshine ... ?? ... was nearly non-existant ! I felt sorry for all of those individuals who paid their hard earned $'s to come to Daytona Beach and freeze !

I tend to stay off the roads during Daytona Bike Week. The Daytona area, particulary beach side is mainly 2 lane roads and side streets ... Main Street is a congested mess, which is to be expected.

I find that there are many "some time" riders out there, during Daytona Bike Week, with limited experience and accounting for some serious hazzards on the road.

Did I attend some of the "festivities" YES ... but drove to them in my SUV ... LOL and then had to be on the lookout for parking.

I was amazed not to see many BMW's out on the road ... a few, yes ... however many Harley's Suzuki's Kawasaki's and the other loud monsters making their presence known.

Ocktober Fest Daytona is another story. The weather usually cooperates, the congestion is less.

Sadly, the hotel owners make little concession (even in this economy) to welcome bikers. They usually raise their rates for hotel rooms beach side and other areas. One would assume that with the economy as it is, they would lower rates and fill their rooms ... sometimes a slice of the pie is better than the entire pie.

Regardless ... Daytona Bike Week is always fun and exciting !

If anyone is interested in attending Ocktoberfest / Biketoberfest 2010, send me an email as the time draws near. It would be outstanding to spend some time with other BMW owners !

Wishing all safe riding, Spring and Summer !

This is my second year camping with the B-cubed group. When I got up that first Friday morning there was frost from top to bottom of my tent, you do tend to dress quickly after getting out of a warm sleeping bag. Despite the cooler temps I thought that attendence was not bad considering the weather to the north of us. Vendors were plentiful and I bought a HD softtail (FXSTI) to be my summer (hot) weather ride. I'm looking forward to Biketoberfest and will camp again with the B-cubed group. Ride Safe :usa :usa

Back