• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Cross country shipping of bikes

Has anyone shipped a bike recently and had a good experience? Am selling a bike in Mesa, Az and shipping to Clifton,VA. Thanks in advance. Marty:dunno

I shipped a bike by Federal a month ago -- the company representative who helped me schedule the pickup and delivery was very helpful. They worked around my schedule and delivered the bike to my residence at a time convenient for me.

They do have some AMA discounts if you're a member -- if you're not a member, they'll offer you the discount on the phone while signing you up for the AMA.

The bike was delivered in exactly the the same condition it was shipped in. From pickup to delivery was just over 1 week. The cost was about $631 to ship from Indiana to Florida. The federal website has a quickquote calculator:

https://service2.federalcos.com/mottrans/QuickQuotePage.aspx

I'll use them again when the time comes.

We've shipped several bikes with Federal, and had good results each time. They provide a strap-down pallet designed for motorcycles, and will pick up/deliver to either home or business addresses. The only issue I've had was with their tie-downs. On at least one occasion I offered up a Canyon Dancer bar harness, to make sure the bike didn't get marred by tie-down hooks/straps. We would recommend them...

Last November I sold a K75RT. The buyer wanted it shipped to Michigan. He had "Pony Express Motorcycle Transport" www.ponyexpressmotorcycle.com ship it. It was picked up and secured very carefully in a new, custom trailer and, from what I hear, arrived in perfect condition. Since I didn't pay for it, I don't know the cost. If you'd rather talk to the guy, Ryan, his phone is (310) 409-9890. It's not my business, but why doesn't the buyer wait another month or 6 weeks, fly there and ride it back?

I have had bikes shipped by Keyboard, arrived safely with a scratch I had no known.. too late to complain.. I ride her..

but isnt so much more fun to ride back into town with your new ride? just saying the experience bonds the machine to the rider...

Keyboard

I've shipped two BMW's with them from the east coast to here in CA. One from Max BMW in NJ, and one from a private party in FL, and both arrived in perfect condition, so my experience is that their service was perfect.

Back