• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Luggage fitment on an S1000RR / GS Conversion

RobStar

I really like this new BMW but being a GS sort of guy it's gonna have to have Jesse bags.

Any suggestions? :scratch:scratch:scratch

:hide

bmws1000rr_jesse.jpg

you need the full left-side jesse box, as the pipe is on the right-hand side of the bike.

also, consider mounting the boxes lower... as this will improve handling and still not grind the bags when pulling wheelies.

where are you going to put the tank panniers?

and fer pete's sake, don't forget mud flaps.

I would recommend large, rollling Pelican cases for side mounts. That way the the case wheels can act as wheelie bars...:)

i think putting luggage on this bike seems perfectly sensible. i was really considering getting a R12S for a while and mounting jesse bags, but 2 up needs have scrapped that idea for the time being. i think sport bikes look cool with hard bags.

Are you all serious?? GS luggage on that bike!..like making the F-22 'Raptor' a Strategic bomber...:scratch:dunno

What about the option with the 840W alternator. You're going to need that once you add all the extra lights, heated grips, seat, jacket and other farkles.
Also, are Tourances good for 180+ mph????:brad

What about the option with the 840W alternator. You're going to need that once you add all the extra lights, heated grips, seat, jacket and other farkles.
Also, are Tourances good for 180+ mph????:brad

Is this going to be an analog platform bike ?

Speed ? With or without side cases ?

Of course, you'll have to put in a cut-out switch for the ABS. Can't have that workin' during those off-pavement, high-speed runs...:brad

Soft removable bags or a tail and tank bag. All three? Hard luggage? Seems very, very odd.
JD

Which knobbies do you plan to run on it? Perhaps a high fender kit to aid with mud clearance too. :D

How about a +4 Cee Bailey Windshield, and a titanium bellypan?:thumb

Back