• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Swisher rides 1 million 5 hundred thousand miles...!

cjack

K Bikes Complex by Choice
I just saw on the BMW Motorrad newsletter that Dave Swisher received the 1, 500,000 mile special award from BMW. They said that's a record...You think?
Congratulations Dave, an amazing amount of miles.

SpinningRoundel.gif
Amazing

Zounds!!

A fortunate man to have the opportunity to ride so much, and the desire, skill and stamina to take advantage of the opportunity.

Congrats!!

Wow! Congrats on that accomplishment. Puts him in a very special category indeed.:thumb

WOW 1,500,000 miles

bunch of numbers there.. I am willing to bet he has probably changed the odometer cables and bikes...LOL

Hard to fathom..

COngratulations on that feat.. I am still working on my 200k mark...I am at 10% of his... lots of times around the world....

I put 2,300 miles on my bike last year, the first year I have owned a bike in
30 years. Let's see....1,500,000 divided by 2,300, never mind, I won't live
that long.

very cool. thats definitely alot of riding. how many years?

Zounds!!

A fortunate man to have the opportunity to ride so much, and the desire, skill and stamina to take advantage of the opportunity.

Congrats!!

:laugh you would have made old england cringe with you z-word... :laugh

For the curious, those miles were on Airheads and classic K bikes. More on K1100LT bikes than any other model I believe. I don't think any were on models newer than K1100LTs.

A couple of years ago, at the White Stag Rally in Beatty Nv., Heidi and I were visiting with Dave and Lyle. Dave said he would not ride more than 500 miles a day. This was at the end of January. We asked him how many miles this month, and it was somewhere around or over 4000. What a guy !!!

bob

For the curious, those miles were on Airheads and classic K bikes. More on K1100LT bikes than any other model I believe. I don't think any were on models newer than K1100LTs.

I now have real data. Dave's 1.5 million miles were ridden:

509,000 miles on 9 different Airheads

444,000 miles on 3 different K100RTs

547,000 miles on 7 different K1100LTs.

None newer than a 1997 K1100LT

Back