Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Valves in Motion High RPM

carmareli

Double R Production Stopped.

Hi guys, last week I was told that BMW stopped the production of the new RR, due to excessive wear of the engine, now they are trying to adapt an electronic RPM limiter for the brake- in period.
    Does any one knows something about this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by carmareli View Post
    Hi guys, last week I was told that BMW stopped the production of the new RR, due to excessive wear of the engine, now they are trying to adapt an electronic RPM limiter for the brake- in period.
    Does any one knows something about this issue?

First of all - Welcome to the Forum Carmareli!!

No have not heard anything - do you have links or other information to review?

Cheers
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator

carmareli

Duoble R Production Stopped

Thanks for the welcome, I live most of the time here, in M?®xico City, In January I rode the Demo Double R from one of the dealers here in M?®xico, to Acapulco, I felt in love with the bike, now I feel that mi GT 1200 2007 does not have enough power !!!
    So anyway after that, I started to get interested in the new duoble R, my dealer told me he had 23 people in a waiting list for the new bike, that was a month ago, I checked with the other two dealers in M?®xico City and they gave me kind of the same story, I had to wait about three months for a new bike.
    Last week one of the dealers told me what I wrote in my first post, I checked with a friend of mine in the BMW Corporative Office here in M?®xico City, and he told me (off the record) that they had unusual wear in some engines due to reving them in the break-in period, and now they are designing an electronic RPM limiter for the firts thousands of kilometers (miles)
    It didn??t surprise me after the problems BMW had with the camshafts in the first K-1200 engines few years ago.
    I tought I was going to find some information here at MOA Forum, but looks like BMW has handle this issue in a very secret way, I'm going to try to get more info from my friend at BMW M?®xico, and I'll let you guys, know.
    Best regards.
    Carmareli

Thanks for the intel!

Keep us posted if you learn more
    2011 R1200 GSA Smoke Grey Metallic Matt
    2009 G450X White
    IBA #35651
    Rogue Moderator