• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Dealer going out business??

Oh Boy now maybe I can get some leather tassels for my /5:jester:jester

Don't laugh, it happened here and, frankly, it sucks. The cruiser crowd sales and shop staff aren't really interested in the roundel and it shows in terms of customer service. I'm now driving/riding 60 miles north to get my fix.

We heard the same thing at the Chicago MC show this past weekend from a Louisville BMW customer. He was disappointed to hear this news.

Dealer

Sounds like the Harley dealer wants to sell a quality motorcycle. We have a dealership in Wis. (Michlers) that sells both and I have had only good experiences with them. They have sold both since 1959. When I first went there the shop was a old school shop, not the fancy place that it is today. Art and the staff are great. I will say at times the Harley thing is a little overdone but that is or was where the money is made. Good luck with the new dealership because we don't need to lose another shop.:browKevin

Michler's

Was my ideal shop, I have only owned 3 brands of bikes HD, Buell and BMW and they had them all. My kind of shop.

Sounds like the Harley dealer wants to sell a quality motorcycle. We have a dealership in Wis. (Michlers) that sells both and I have had only good experiences with them. They have sold both since 1959. When I first went there the shop was a old school shop, not the fancy place that it is today. Art and the staff are great. I will say at times the Harley thing is a little overdone but that is or was where the money is made. Good luck with the new dealership because we don't need to lose another shop.:browKevin

I have been there and got good service and the service pricing was more than fair. The only thing I did not like is they take your bike in the back and work on it and you are not allowed in the back to watch etc. I will not take my bike to a shop that will not allow me to at least watch what they are doing, especially at BMW's service prices. It also is very noisy in the parking lot with all the Harley guys with no mufflers on there bikes.

Rumor has it that Louisville BMW was sold to Harley dealer in Louisville??

Sad to say the rumor has become fact. Got an e-mail from the Louisville Harley dealer making the annoucement that effective 4/10/2010 Louisville BMW would become part of Louisville Harley. While I have both a Harley and a BMW, I am afraid that it's only a matter of time before Louisville Harely drops BMW eventually.

And then one of the newest dealers in Bergin County NJ was a Harley dealer who now sells both HD and BMW. Cash flow trumps all.

The same thing happened in Colorado Springs about a year ago. Originally the BMW dealer there shared with a Honda dealer for years and then the Harley Davidson dealer bought the franchise from the Honda dealer.

When inquiring with someone at that HD dealer about renting BMW's for a friend, I mentioned to the guy that the combination makes for strange bed fellows. He said the two brands actually exist quite well. He said no one comes into the dealer to say they're leaning between a Road King or a GS.

On the other hand when it was back at the Honda dealer there were possible comparisons between an LT and a Goldwing or an RT and a ST1300.

I think if a dealer is reputable they should service both brands equally well. Oh and by the way, they only rent Harleys at the Colorado Springs dealer since the rentals a corporate program sponsored by HD.

Strange bedfellows?

Actually living in both worlds I think they have several similarities. They both are the most expensive option in pretty much everything they do. They both get premium prices for their parts. They have a loyal following. They both are iconic brands recognized all over the world. Typically their labor rates are at the top of the price range.
I haven't yet seen a Beemer owner with a BMW tattoo though.

Back