• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Just Ridin' Pictures

P3180454.jpg

Headed up thru Guadalupe Pass and El Capitan last Friday morning.
missed the 75 mph wind gusts by a couple of days! Happily I must say.

Had some time Saturday for a ride (before onslaught on invading in-laws for 3 days and 2 nights).

SAM_2423_w800_zpsfu1kq1ny.jpg

Rode two counties north (thru Ottawa, through Muskegon, into Oceania and maybe Mason county)
Then was just following my front fender.
Generally going north and maybe west, but just deciding which way to go at every intersection, without any real destimation or agenda. Just go which ever way looked interesting.
Mostly straight roads there.
SAM_2443_w800_zpsam9iwwap.jpg

But some curves around small lakes or along creeks or aroaund marshy areas.

Found a road named "Old Highway 99". Headed what I thought was north.
THought that would be interesting, maybe find old gas station from the 50s or something.
Nope, same farm land and orchards as about everwhere else .....
... and then turned into dirt road
SAM_2437_w800_zpsrlzdqbj2.jpg

and lead to other dirt road
SAM_2440_w800_zpsffdyvdhw.jpg

Maybe that was Highway 99 back in 1920 or something.

An actual drive-in in Whitehall
IMG_4543_w800_zps1invjvzu.jpg

See the three fishing boats out in the Lake? (White Lake?)
I think those are the same three boats that were ther when I went past about 2 1/2 or 3 hours ago.
Man, those guy, spent all the time in same place doing the same thing... all that time.
Man, some guys, spend all that money on a boat, and deal with maintianin the boat motor, just so can go fishing. And have be out in whatever weather, just to go fishing. Scheesch.
SAM_2461c_w800_zpspodwkqcp.jpg

Other views along Lake Michigan,
IMG_4559c_w800_zpsuxk3fofr.jpg

SAM_2430ce_w800_zpsptszmhza.jpg

SAM_2427ce_w800_zpsdw1jcqpr.jpg

Was good to get out for about 6 hours.

:thumb Nice pictures Steve! Paul & I were on 123 just a few weeks ago! Obviously great minds think alike :wave. Also, I saw y'all were at the Oark General Store and we were too! Although when we were there, their were about 100 crusers...looked like y'all had it all to yourselves.

:thumb Nice pictures Steve! Paul & I were on 123 just a few weeks ago! Obviously great minds think alike :wave. Also, I saw y'all were at the Oark General Store and we were too! Although when we were there, their were about 100 crusers...looked like y'all had it all to yourselves.

Yeah, middle of the week this time of year reduces the crowds. The ride down 215 to Oark was void of any traffic as well.Very nice road.
We had little traffic except south of Turner Bend on 23 with construction. Would not even be near that on a Saturday :hungover

IMG_0163(3).jpg
This store has had a few different owners thru the years and not always open , used to have some fresh baked muffins...now just some basics and a hymn singing older woman tending the till. Junction of 7/16/123 :thumb

123 will get your attention by Mt Judea(Judy)

Last edited:
Put this over in Oilheads, but perhaps a different audience would like to shake hands with Paul.

BTB%20Paul%20and%20Babe_zpsxjyotrjo.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Back