Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32

Thread: Just Ridin' Pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Voni, how much of west Texas looks like that? The scene you posted looks very inviting.
    Just the Big Bend of Texas where we call home.
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador Emeritus / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million 100 thousand BMW sMiles

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    Voni, how much of west Texas looks like that? The scene you posted looks very inviting.
    We love living here. Very little of West Texas looks like that. That is the "River Road" - FM 170 along the Rio Grande between Lajitas and Presidio. The land to the left of the river in the photo is Mexico. Generally West Texas north of I-10 is flat, dull, and covered with cows or oil wells. Between I-10 and US90 south of Fort Stockton starts to become hilly. South of Alpine is hillier yet, culminating in the Chisos Mountins in Big Bend National Park.

The stretch of the River Road shown in the photo is in Big Bend Ranch State Park which lies to the west of the National Park. It is rugged terrain and primarily undeveloped except for primitive campsites throughout the park. The section of the Rio Grande that is visible in the photo lies to the west of the river section through the National Park and the lower canyons which is a designated "Wild and Scenic River."
    Last edited by PGlaves; 10-05-2020 at 10:18 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

I just did a little digging, it is indeed a small area. I've been to the Midland/Odessa area when I had a son living there and it wasn't near as scenic. As you well know!

Thanks for the info.