• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

One of those good day bad days

T

tourist

I see this ten dollar coupon in the ON magazine and called the dealer to verify I could buy a quart of oil, $12.83, with it. Sure, it would only cost $2.83. Sounded like a good idea at the time. I know its almost 250 mile round trip to buy a quart of oil especially when there is a dealer only 3 miles away but there wasn't a coupon from that dealer.

While I was there I took my niece out for lunch and a small ride. (That was good part of the day) At the restaurant the coupon came out of my pocket with my wallet. I remember thinking how excited I was that I was getting a quart of oil for $2.83 and shoved it back in my inner pocket. Had the best time with my niece and she loved the ride enough to post it on her facebook page. The rest of the family knew before I had time to email the pictures I took.

When I finally got to the dealer I checked all twenty of my pockets but couldn't find the coupon. Apparently it was their policy that I had to have the coupon and suggested that I check the lounge to see if the coupon was still in that magazine. I gave a quick check but thought, maybe it wasn't worth the effort to check anymore. I mean, its only a ten dollar coupon.

After dropping almost $30k there I looked at my nav iv and there are almost 40 other dealers within my day ride range where I can buy oil.

Like Paul said you had a great time with your niece, you got a good ride out of the bike and from you rpost you really enjoyed the day - that is the important part

The oil is meaningless :lurk

If I really need oil I know I can walk to corner market to pick up a quart. When the weather warms up, enough to clear a thin path in the drive way, I think I'll head to memphis. Never been there. So many places to go for no reason.

Back