• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

What "type" of rider are you?

Year round which doesn't mean much in the SF Bay Area where cold is 40 and very, very cold is in the 30s.

Sunday I rode to breakfast because that's what I do on most Sundays. Some breakfast rides are 60 miles and others are 200.

The previous Saturday I rode my vintage beemer to an overnight camp-out a couple of hundred miles away if you go the long way (I did).

Today I had errands to run so rode the modern bike (more storage space) to the hardware store and Trader Joe's.

I'm also a mid-week rider in the fall, winter, and spring.

My wife has a car. I have the bikes. Been that way for a long, long time.

I guess I would be a General Transportation rider. I try to use the bike year round for as much as possible including my 75 mile round trip commute, grocery runs and trips here and there. Often times I just take off for an hour or to to get my knees in the breeze. I don't really tour though, I ride out to my dads which is 250 miles or around the mountains which is also around 300 miles. I'm fortunate that there are great motorcycling roads local to me so I can just get out and go for a whizz around. I have went touring in the past though and I'm not against the idea, I just need to an intelligent halfway decent looking woman with her own bike to go with.......should be easy enough to find :dunno

I'm a rounder. I'm an ATGATT commuter. I'm blessed in that the path from my house to my job has no freeways or highways or city traffic. Just corn and soybeans, burr oaks and hills. Today was the 1st day that I rode the Jeep to work but that was because they were predicting winds of sustained 40 mph. I can keep groceries stocked up using 2 Krausers and a Reynolds rack. I like to travel all day these state line border roads only to find out that I am averaging about 45 mph yet my GPS has a recorded max of 92 mph.
I would rather push the limits of a curvy slow road than break the sound barrier. Hence the 67 hp airhead.

What kind of rider am I?
Not the kind of rider I used to be, Hope the get back into the swing of things next spring.
Life threw me a hard brush-back pitch with the illness and loss of my wife in July. Been really busy with all things non motorcycle lately. Used to live to ride, now I can't decide to ride, I just do other stuff. Maybe I just need a swift kick in the ass, a dry saturday and a good fall ride. Oh and someone to let the dog out if I take a long trip.

Back