• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Member Central Florida

FSwish

Bought my first bike a beemer, been riding all over central Florida, looking forward to meeting members & joining charter groups for rides, rally's, and having a great time touring the back roads across this great country.

Welcome to the club and the forums..great to have you. Stay tuned here and to the Owners News for all kinds of opportunities to ride and rally. I look forward to meeting you on the road somewhere!

Welcome! Good to have you. You're living in a great location for year round riding.
JD

Welcome FSwish.

You didn't say how long you've lived in Central Fl. Are you aware of all the good riding just to our north west? Lake County has some nice roads. My favotite part of the area to ride in. I'm sure we can meet up and do some riding in the future.

Ride Safe
Mike

Thanks for the welcome

Mike,
I have lived in Orlando for ~18 years, just started riding a year ago....mostly solo. Covered Lake, Polk, Pasco, Hernando, Sumter counties, and Ocala National Forest. Some of my favorite rides is Green Pond / Rock Ridge Road and Lake Lindsey 476 / Youth Camp Road to Howey in the hills 455. I live near Ocoee - West Orange county.

Definitely look forward to meeting you on the central florida back roads.

Hi Swish,

I'm heading out your way in a few weeks on the R1100S. What can I expect at the wildnerness campsites in Highlands Hammock State Park? My destination form there is the keys, so if you have any cool routes to share, I'm all ears.

LW

Make sure you check out our MSTA (Motorcycle Sport Touring Association) activities here in Florida. We've got a pretty active group. The link is http://www.sporttouring.us ! Let us know if you're headed over to Tampa sometime...Safe riding!

LW,
I'm sure you'll get lots of input on a cool route to the Keys, but from Highlands Hammock I would suggest continuing west on 634 (Crewsville Rd) and then catch US 17 down to Arcadia. From there 31 south (its kind of straight, but that's S. Florida...) across the Caloosahatchee River, then 80 east to La Belle. Then 29 south (through the Florida Panther Preserve) down to the Tamiami Trail (US 41). Do lunch in Everglades City, just south of the Trail, then back up to the Trail and east. That will take you through the Everglades and Miccosukee Indian reservation. Watch out for gators sunning themselves along the canals running beside the road.

Or course, this is just my 2 pennies...Have a great trip!

Just recently met up with the BMW Riders of Tampa Bay and joined in on there weekly rides out of Brooksville. So far a couple of group rides on backroads north of Tampa, great company, and learning from there vast experience.

Welcome

You didn't mention the kind of beemer you bought. Also, don't forget bike week down in Key West in September. I was down there on my HD, 3 years ago and I'm going to try and make it down there on my R1150RS this year. Hope to see you there. In the meantime, keep on enjoying your bike. :wave

Back