• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Any word on the 49er

Texpaul

Lost again
Any Norcal members out there who can supply info about the 2010 49er rally?
Went last year and loved it so I want to go back this year. I understand it's in Mariposa on Memorial Day weekend but there's no other info I can find.

Anyone know what the facilities are like down there?

That rally gets a little smaller every year. Maybe this move'll revive it some...

A nice place;

The Mariposa Fairground is a well kept facility and is quite old a place. The town is quaint, smaller than Auburn, but neat! Camping has always been very good there, with grassy grounds for the most part. I went to most all the 49er Rallies there. It'll bring back many memories, being back there again. I'm only 90 miles away and still see the place frequently on rides, so know it's well kept and a popular site for many other gatherings. Should be great. Randy:thumb

We went to a Central Cal Beemer Bash there one year, back when we lived in Fiddletown. Great ride down SR-49 to get there, tons of great riding in the area, especially on the Poker Run set up by G Stofer. We had a really great time riding the area and at the grounds (except the flies because a horse event had been held the weekend before......). Could be 'warm', but everyone I speak with that went to the original 49er's there always LOVED them.

We are going Friday but most of the good roads are still closed for the winter.
120 - Tioga Pass, 108 - Sonora Pass, 4 - Ebbetts Pass all closed.
88 - Carson Pass this morning chains or snow tires required.
Maybe 50 or I-80.

Back